This software has been discontinued. If you are looking for a way to manage out of office messages for all users in your Exchange organization, try out the Auto respond feature in CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro.
How to update or upgrade and what is the difference
The program version is always visible at the very top of the main window of the program. It consists of 4 numbers separated by dots, e.g. 22.214.171.1247, following the pattern below:
which mean the following:
- [major] - the first figure is the major version number and it changes rarely, only when significant features are introduced to the software.
- [minor] - the second digit changes every time when we release a new version with planned improvements (see version history).
- [maintenance] - the digit in the third position will change only when there is a software release that was not originally planned. This usually happens when an important bugfix must be added and cannot wait for the next minor version change.
- [build] - the last number changes automatically every time programmers compile a new build during the development cycle, so it might be quite large (e.g. 337) and is usually meaningless for the end user.
An upgrade is when you install a newer version of the software, replacing the previous version you have had installed so far, and the newer version installer has a higher first figure of the version number e.g. you currently have version 126.96.36.1997 installed and you replace it with version 188.8.131.52.
How to upgrade
We have not yet released CodeTwo Out of Office Manager with major version number higher than 1, so there are no instructions ready yet on how to upgrade.
An update is when you install a newer version of the software, replacing the previous version you have had installed so far, and the newer version installer has a higher second, third or fourth figure of the version number e.g. you currently have version 184.108.40.206 installed and you replace it with version 220.127.116.117 (or update 18.104.22.1683 to 22.214.171.124, or update 126.96.36.1992 to 188.8.131.520).
- Download the installer from the program's download page onto the machine where CodeTwo Out of Office Manager is installed.
- If CodeTwo Out of Office Manager is running, close it before you proceed.
- Launch the downloaded installer and install the program.
- If you have more instances of the program in your environment, perform the update on each machine where the program is installed.
- After the update process is complete, you can launch the program. All of your settings are retained.