Reinstall or move to another machine
Sometimes you may need to reinstall the program or move it to a different computer. See below how to do that.
Reinstallation of the software is rarely required. However, CodeTwo Support may occasionally recommend it, for example when:
- any of the installation files is accidentally removed, or
- Windows Update or third party software damages the Windows registry, shortcuts, configuration files, or
- your hard drive becomes corrupted, etc.
To reinstall the software you can run the installer executable file and install the software on top of the existing installation.
However, in troubleshooting scenarios it is recommended to uninstall the software and remove all the program files before running the executable file. This is to make sure that all the old installation files are removed.
- Uninstall the software from Windows Control Panel first and remove any leftover files. See this article for more information.
- Run the installer executable and install the software from scratch.
All CodeTwo software is designed in a way that does not remove configuration files or databases during the uninstallation. If you follow the steps above, all your settings will be retained.
When uninstalling the software completely, including deleting all the settings files, be aware this may result in an unforeseen data or license loss.
CodeTwo Out of Office Manager is not designed to be moved to another computer once installed and configured. See our Knowledge Base article on that topic.