Reinstall or move to a different machine
Sometimes you may need to reinstall the program or even to move it to a different computer. See below how to do that.
Reinstallation of the software is rarely required. However, it may become necessary when:
- you accidentally remove some of the installation files,
- Windows Update or some third-party software damages the Windows registry, shortcuts, configuration files,
- your hard drive gets corrupted, etc.
To reinstall the software you can simply run the installer executable and install on top of the existing installation.
However, in troubleshooting scenarios it is recommended to reinstall the software following the short list of steps below. This is to make sure that all old installation files are removed before the new ones are copied.
- Uninstall the software from Windows Control Panel first.
- Run the installer executable and install the software anew.
All CodeTwo software is designed in such a way that reinstalling does not remove any configuration files or databases. So following the steps above, all settings will be retained.
If you wish to reinstall the software completely, including deleting all the settings files, first you need to remove the software completely and then install from scratch later on. Please note that this may result in an unforeseen data loss.
CodeTwo Out of Office Manager is not designed to be moved to another computer once installed and configured, so doing that may be complicated. See our Knowledge Base article on that topic.