First time using the program? CodeTwo Office 365 Migration is a versatile tool that lets you migrate your data from different email environments (e.g. an Exchange server or an IMAP server) to Microsoft 365 (Office 365) with the use of advanced features that are not available with the native solutions. Go to the section of your interest and click a link to learn about a specific topic.
System requirements and licensing
- Supported platforms and requirements – see the technical specifications required to use the software.
- Licensing – read about the licensing model in CodeTwo Office 365 Migration.
Installation and updating
- Installation process – find out how to install CodeTwo Office 365 Migration.
- Update or upgrade – learn about updating and upgrading the program, and how it affects the licensing.
To learn how to uninstall CodeTwo Office 365 Migration, see this article.
Use the links below to learn how to prepare your environment and configure the program to migrate your data to Office 365 (Microsoft 365):
- Migration from Exchange Server to Office 365 – get instructions on all the stages of the migration process from Exchange Server.
- Migration between two Office 365 tenants – get instructions on all the stages of the migration process between two Office 365 tenants.
- Migration from hosted Exchange server to Office 365 – get instructions on all the stages of the migration process from third-party hosted Exchange services, such as Intermedia, Rackspace or GoDaddy (Exchange 2010 and newer).
- Migration from IMAP source – get instructions on all the stages of the migration process from a source IMAP email server, e.g. Google Workspace or Yahoo.
- Connecting to a source environment:
- Exchange server – see how to configure a connection to the Exchange server from which you want to migrate your data.
- Office 365 – see how to configure a connection to the Office 365 tenant from which you want to migrate your data.
- IMAP server – see how to configure a connection to the IMAP server from which you want to migrate your data.
- Connecting to target Office 365 – learn how to configure a connection to the Office 365 tenant to which you want to migrate your data.
- Configuring a migration job:
- Step-by-step guide – get a quick reference to configuring a migration job in CodeTwo Office 365 Migration.
- Mailboxes matching – learn how to match source mailboxes with target mailboxes to ensure successful migration.
- Using scheduler – discover the scheduler feature which lets you carefully plan your migration in time and automate the entire process.
- Filtering items to be migrated – see how to use time and folder filters to decide which items to migrate.
- Migration with a CSV file – see how to use a CSV file with your mailbox data in certain migration scenarios.
- Delta migration – migrate only new (or previously excluded) items after the initial migration process has finished.
Monitoring & troubleshooting
- Monitoring and diagnostics – get to know the in-built solutions to monitor and diagnose migration jobs and software itself.
- Troubleshooting – see how to solve common problems, depending on which method of connection to source/target server you use.
- Understanding the program – see how the software works, what are the main components, how to improve the speed of migration, and more.