Managing server connections
Once you have configured the connection to your source and target environment, these connections will be shown on the Administration Panel's Dashboard tab, on the Defined source server connections or Defined target server connections cards, respectively. In order to manage the already configured source or target server connection, click the Settings() button, as shown in the Fig. 1. below.
In the window that opens (Fig. 2.), you can now create a new connection, edit the existing one or delete a server connection from the program. Keep in mind that you can only edit or delete a server connection if it is not used in any migration job configured in the program.
For more information on how to edit the connection, refer to these articles:
- Configuring the source EWS connection (on-premises Exchange)
- Configuring the source MAPI connection (on-premises Exchange)
- Configuring the source Office 365 connection
- Configuring the source hosted Exchange connection
- Configuring the source IMAP connection
- Configuring the target connection
If the migration type that you plan to use involves changing domains on your source or target server, you need to refresh email addresses for mailboxes included in the migration job. But before you do so, it may be necessary to reconfigure server connections by using new account credentials.
To reconfigure a server connection after changing the domain name, perform the following steps:
Keep in mind that the instructions provided below do not apply to IMAP connections.
- Click the Settings () button on either the Defined source server connections or Defined target server connections card.
- Select your connection from the list and click Edit.
- In the Server connection step (applies only to Exchange on-premises server connections), depending on how you configured this connection previously, either leave the Autodiscover Exchange Server option selected or provide a new FQDN.
- Go to the Admin account step and provide new admin credentials (with different UPD / email address).
- Continue with configuring the connection wizard.
It is very important that you reconfigure both your source and target connections when you are transferring the domain from your source server to the target one. Otherwise, you won't be able to refresh email addresses, restart the migration job, use the Run delta migration feature or reset the migration state in the program after the transfer. Learn more.