How to restart the Microsoft Exchange Transport service
You need to restart the Microsoft Exchange Transport service, for example, to refresh the counting of CodeTwo Exchange Rules licenses.
There are two ways to restart the Microsoft Exchange Transport service:
To restart the Microsoft Exchange Transport service in Exchange Management Shell, you need to open Exchange Management Shell and execute this cmdlet:
To restart the Microsoft Exchange Transport service manually:
First, open the Services window. To do it:
- type in services.msc in Run command and click OK (Fig. 1.), or
- open the Control Panel, choose Administrative Tools, locate Services on the list (Fig. 2.) and double-click it.
In the Services window, find Microsoft Exchange Transport on the list and stop the service by using one of the following options (Fig. 3.):
- the toolbar buttons, or
- the links in the upper-left corner of the window, or
- the drop-down menu that opens when you right-click the service.
- Wait for the service to fully stop and then click Start by using one of the three methods listed above.