Let guest users manage CodeTwo email signatures for your Microsoft 365 organization
You would like to allow a guest user invited to your Microsoft 365 tenant to manage email signatures, disclaimers & autoresponders on behalf of your organization in the signature management app (app.codetwo.com).
For that to work, the guest user must be a member of a different Microsoft 365 organization (tenant) – they must belong to that organization’s Azure AD. Non-business Microsoft accounts (e.g. Outlook.com) and email accounts from other vendors (e.g. Google) are not supported.
Invite a guest user to your Microsoft 365 tenant
- Sign in to the Microsoft 365 admin center.
- Go to Users > Guest users and click Add a guest user (Fig. 1.).
- On the page that opens, select Invite user, provide the user’s email address in their domestic organization (mandatory), specify other user details and settings that you see fit, and finally click Invite (Fig. 2.).
Once the user accepts your invitation, they will appear on the Users page in the Microsoft Entra admin center. Make sure that ExternalAzureAD is displayed for that user in the Identities column, as shown in Fig. 3. Otherwise your guest won’t be able to access the signature management app.
Grant access to the signature management app for the guest user
- Sign in to CodeTwo Admin Panel.
- Select your tenant on the Tenants page, go to Signature rule admins, and click Add > User (Fig. 4.).
- In the pop-up window that opens, select your guest user from the list and click OK, as shown in Fig. 5.
If you cannot find your guest on the users’ list, manually update Azure AD cache, as described here.
- Your guest user will appear on the signature rule admins list and, from now on, will be able to access the signature management app by following the steps discussed in the next section.
Sign-in instructions for guest users
Now, your guest user can finally access the signature management app to manage signatures, disclaimers & autoresponders for you. Ask them to proceed as follows:
Note that the procedure below needs to be completed every time your guest wants to access the signature management app.
- Go to app.codetwo.com and click Manage signatures.
- Important: If you’re signed in to your Microsoft 365 account in your browser, do not choose your account but click Use another account (Fig. 6.).
- Click Sign-in options (Fig. 7.).
- Click Sign in to an organization (Fig. 8.).
- Type/paste the domain name of the organization which has invited you to their Microsoft 365 tenant and click Next (Fig. 9.).
- Finally, click your account (if you’re signed in your browser) or provide your credentials (for your domestic organization) to sign in to the signature management app.