How to configure a Send-Only account in Outlook
To change an account into a Send-Only account (from which mail is never downloaded) in Outlook, you need to follow the guidelines below.
If you follow these guidelines and change an account into a Send-Only type, but this account still receives emails in Outlook, this might mean that there are global Exchange policies in your organization that override the Outlook send/receive settings.
If you use one of the current Outlook versions, such as Outlook 2016, you can change an account into a Send-Only account by following these steps:
- In Outlook, go to the Send / Receive tab. Click on the Send/Receive Groups button and select Define Send/Receive Groups. Alternatively, you can use the Ctrl+Alt+S shortcut.
- The Send/Receive Groups configuration window opens. Select the group that contains the account to be changed into a Send-Only account, and click Edit (Fig. 1.).
- Choose the account from the pane on the left and clear the Receive mail items checkbox (Fig. 2.).
- Click OK to save the configuration.
- In Outlook, choose Tools > Options from the menu.
- Go to Mail Setup, and click the Send/Receive button.
- Choose the account group that includes the account that you want to change into a Send-Only account, and click Edit (Fig. 3.).
- Select the account from the left pane and clear the Receive mail items checkbox (Fig. 4.).
- To save the settings, click OK.