How to export public folders to a PST file
You want to export your backed-up public folder data to a PST file by using CodeTwo Backup.
CodeTwo Backup fully supports exporting backed-up Exchange data, including public folders, to PST files. This can be achieved by following the steps below:
If your public folders are already backed up in one of your storages in CodeTwo Backup, you can skip directly to step 5. However, if you need to export only a specific folder (or subfolder) to PST, you first need to back up that folder to a separate storage. In such a case, start from step 1 instead.
CodeTwo Backup exports the entire backed-up public folder data, with all subfolders, to a single PST file. So if you have backed-up only a specific subfolder from the entire public folder branch, only that subfolder (and its subfolders) will be exported to a PST file.
- Create a new Exchange backup job and continue to the Public Folders step.
- Click Add, select the public folders that you want to export to a PST file (Fig. 1.), and click OK. If necessary, clear the Back up subfolders checkbox.
Fig. 1. Selecting public folders to be backed up.
- In the Target storage step, click New to create a new storage that will be used to back up your public folders.
If you select an existing storage in which public folder data is already backed-up, this data will be overwritten. This is why you should create a new storage instead.
- Finish the remaining steps of the wizard and start the backup job.
- Once the backup of your public folders is completed, go to the Storages tab.
- Select the storage in which your public folders are backed up and click Archive to PST on the top menu of the program (Fig. 2.).
Fig. 2. Opening the PST archive job wizard.
- In the Source storage step of the PST archive job wizard, select the Archive mailboxes from the list below option and click Add.
- In the window that opens, select Public Folders and click OK (Fig. 3.).
Fig. 3. Selecting the public folder data to be exported to a PST file.
- In the Target archive step, select a local folder where you want the program to save the PST file.
- Complete the wizard and start the archive job when prompted.
Once the job is completed, you will find the exported PST file with your public folders data in the folder specified in step 8 above (Fig. 4.).
Fig. 4. The exported PST file containing the public folder data.
If you are planning to export public folders data for migration purposes, consider using CodeTwo Exchange Migration or CodeTwo Office 365 Migration instead.
|Related products:||CodeTwo Backup for Exchange, CodeTwo Backup for Office 365|
|Last modified:||October 26, 2018|
|Created:||September 17, 2018|