CodeTwo Exchange Rules PRO installed on a desktop computer
You want to delegate managing CodeTwo Exchange Rules PRO to users who do not have enough permissions to access your company server.
CodeTwo Exchange Rules PRO may be installed not only on the server itself but additionally, as an option, on workstations, in the organizations where the administrator does not want to give unauthorized personnel access to Exchange Server but at the same time does not like the idea of devoting her/his precious time to maintaining CodeTwo Exchange Rules PRO and its rules after the initial deployment.
For example, the administration can choose to give access to the rules in CodeTwo Exchange Rules PRO to:
- Marketing department so they can toggle banners in emails;
- Sales department so they can set up autoresponders sent from certain mailboxes;
- Legal department so they can compose iron-clad disclaimers;
- Managers so they can set up rules automatically forward vital messages directly to their mail without the need to supervise employees individual mailboxes;
- Mail Policy Staff to strip redundant themes and stationery from emails; etc.
To manage rules remotely from the client machine simply download:
- in the case of Exchange Rules PRO 1.x - the desktop version from here and install it on a workstation. After that you can easily connect to the server installation of CodeTwo Exchange Rules PRO 1.x with the Remote Management feature.
- in the case of Exchange Rules PRO 2.x - use the standard installer from here and install it on a workstation. Unless you are installing the software on the Exchange Server, choose to install only the Administration Panel - do not install the Engine Service. After that you can easily connect to the server installation of CodeTwo Exchange Rules PRO 2.x with the Managing access rights feature.
- Applies to: CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro 1.x, 2.x
- Categories: How-To
- Last modified: 2016-05-06
- Created: 2010-12-03
- ID: 162
- Keywords: remote, desktop, remotely, configure, administer, administration, installation, settings, templates, live, mode, rules