Using MfcMAPI to check mailbox read and write permissions
How to check with MfcMAPI if you have read and write permissions to a mailbox. This may be useful to diagnose permission issues with CodeTwo software, for example CodeTwo Exchange Sync or CodeTwo Exchange Folders.
The below steps present an attempt to create a folder within a mailbox using MfcMAPI. As an example Public Folders mailbox is used as it is the most common problem to access them.
- Download MfcMAPI tool from this website.
- Run MfcMAPI tool on a computer where our software is installed.
- Logon to the MAPI profile using the profile of our software.
- You will see the list of accessible mailboxes, double click on Public Folders and expand Public Folders tree. This should reassemble the tree of your Public Folders as visible in PF Management Console.
- Right click on one of your Public Folders and choose Create Subfolder.
- Diagnosing CodeTwo Exchange Sync
- Diagnosing CodeTwo Exchange Folders
- Import export with MfcMAPI
- Cannot see Public Folders
- Synchronization of public folders following a change of the account the synchronization service of Exchange Sync runs under
- Applies to: CodeTwo Exchange Folders CodeTwo Exchange Sync
- Categories: Troubleshooting
- Last modified: 2014-08-19
- Created: 2014-01-31
- ID: 363
- Keywords: mapi, mfcmapi