How to check who created an appointment in a public calendar created with CodeTwo Public Folders
You want to check who created an appointment in a public calendar.
This solution applies to Outlook 2016/2013/2010.
To solve the problem, you will first need to switch the calendar to the List view and then customize it by adding the Organizer field. Follow the instructions below to do that.
- Open Outlook, go to the Calendar view and choose the View tab from the ribbon.
- On the View tab, click Change view and choose List (Fig. 1.).
- The calendar will now switch to the List view (Fig. 2.).
Fig. 2. Calendar displayed as a list.
- To add the Organizer field, go back to the View tab, click Change View and go the Manage Views section (Fig. 1.). The Manage All Views window will open (Fig. 3.).
- In the View Name column, select List and click the Modify button on the right. The Advanced View Settings: List window will open (Fig. 4.).
- Click the Columns button.
- The Show Columns window will display. From the Select available columns from drop-down list choose All Appointment fields (Fig. 5.).
- From the Available columns list choose Organizer, click the Add button and then OK (Fig. 6.).
- A new From column will be added to the calendar's list. It will show the name of the user who created the appointment (Fig. 7.).
Note that although you have added the Organizer field, it will be displayed as the From column.
- Applies to: CodeTwo Public Folders 4.0, 4.5, 5.x
- Categories: How-To
- Last modified: 2017-11-16
- Created: 2008-08-11
- ID: 28
- Keywords: CodeTwo Public Folders, client module, Outlook, shared folders, organizer, appointment, calendar