How to configure a CodeTwo domain in Office 365
After you registered your Office 365 tenant in CodeTwo Admin Panel, a new accepted domain was added to your Office 365 tenant:
- [your unique ID].smtp.codetwo.online - if you use the global version of the software
- or [your unique ID].de-smtp.codetwo.online - if you use the Office 365 Germany version.
When you view this domain in your Microsoft 365 admin center (or Office 365 admin center), the domain might have the Setup in progress status (Fig. 1.). Also, Office 365 may send you various notifications or display warnings related to this new domain.
The CodeTwo domain is necessary for CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 to work correctly. Do not remove it from Office 365. If you did, contact us.
This new domain is used to relay your messages and to improve your email security. You can ignore the Setup in progress status and Office 365 notifications - your mail flow and email signatures are not affected.
If you wish, you can complete the setup of this new domain to stop notifications. Follow the steps below.
- Open your Microsoft 365 admin center and go to Setup > Domains (Fig. 1.) or Settings > Domains.
- Click the CodeTwo domain with the Setup in progress status.
- Click Continue setup (Fig. 2.).
- On the Update DNS settings page, select the Skip this step check box and click Skip (Fig. 3.). Click Finish to close the window.
- Go back to the domain list. If the CodeTwo domain has the Possible service issues status (Fig. 4.), click the domain once again.
- Expand the error window by clicking the link, as shown in Fig. 5.
- Click Ignore incorrect DNS (Fig. 6.).
Fig. 6. You can ignore DNS warnings - the CodeTwo domain is working as expected and your mail flow is safe.
- The setup of your CodeTwo domain is now complete (Fig. 7.). Office 365 should not send you domain-related notifications or display warnings anymore.