How to configure a CodeTwo domain in Office 365
After you registered your Office 365 tenant in CodeTwo Admin Panel, a new accepted domain was added to your Office 365 tenant:
[your unique ID].smtp.codetwo.online
When you view this domain in your Microsoft 365 admin center (Office 365 admin center), the domain may have the Setup in progress status (Fig. 1.). Also, Office 365 may send you various notifications or display warnings related to this new domain.
The CodeTwo domain is necessary for CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 to work correctly. Do not remove it from Office 365. If you did, contact us.
This new domain is used to relay your messages and improve your email security (our software uses TLS certificate-based connectors). After the domain is created, it has the Setup in progress status. You can ignore this status and related Office 365 notifications because the CodeTwo software is configured and working correctly. Your mail flow and email signatures are not affected by this status. The Setup in progress status remains because the API used by our software does not allow us to change it in your Office 365. If you want to change this status and stop notifications, you can do it yourself in Office 365:
- Open your Microsoft 365 admin center and go to Setup > Domains (Fig. 1.).
- Click the CodeTwo domain that has the Setup in progress status.
- A setup wizard opens. Click Continue setup (Fig. 2.).
- You should land on the Choose your online services page (if not, use the Back or Next buttons to navigate to this page). Clear the Exchange checkbox and click Next, as shown in Fig. 3.
- The wizard confirms that the configuration is successful and the wizard window is automatically closed. The status of the CodeTwo domain changes to Setup complete (Fig. 4.). Office 365 should not send you any domain-related notifications or display warnings anymore.