Email signature management in Office 365/Exchange Online
Native email signature functionalities
In Office 365 (Exchange Online), available options allow the administrator to manage email signatures but in a very limited way. Common weaknesses are that:
- signatures can only be inserted at the very bottom of an email conversation, which, in reply/forward messages, leads to growing signature pile at the end of the email conversation
- white spaces in signatures (left when no values were pulled from empty fields in Active Directory) cannot be removed on the fly
- images cannot be embedded in the email signature (recipients get them as attachments)
- email signatures cannot be managed by non-admin Office 365 users
How to set up email signature in Office 365?
Setting up an email signature using Office 365 built-in features requires 2 basic steps:
- Prepare the email signature source code (you can use our Email Signature Generator for for Exchange Online)
- Set up the email signature as per this instruction.
Need more advanced email signature management options?
The examples of limitations mentioned above can be removed by using software such as CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365. Keep reading to learn more about the product itself and its advantages over options offered in Office 365.
A brief comparison of Office 365 native signature options and CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365
How does CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 work?
- The program, during the initial configuration, sets up send and receive connectors that route all emails from your Office 365 tenant to CodeTwo Email Azure Service that resides on Microsoft Azure.
- When you send a message, CodeTwo Email Azure Service gets that message and, based on specified conditions, stamps it with the signature. Once the email has been processed, it is sent back to Office 365 tenant (no email leaves Microsoft Datacenter) and then delivered to original recipients.
- All recipients receive your emails equipped with a professionally designed signature.