Frequently Asked Questions - CodeTwo Exchange Rules
Take a look at the list of Frequently Asked Questions for CodeTwo Exchange Rules:
- Why do I need this product?
While the Exchange Server mail flow rules offer several signature adding options, they are limited and lacking in usability compared to what can be achieved using CodeTwo Exchange Rules. Here are a few examples of things you can’t accomplish using native Exchange Server capabilities, which are supported by our program:
- add signatures directly under the latest reply in email conversations (Exchange Server disclaimers are added always at the very bottom of the conversation);
- add images (e.g. company’s logo or user photos) to signatures so that they are visible directly in recipients’ email clients (not as attachment);
- show signatures appended on the server in the “sent items” folder of the sender’s email client;
- compose signature templates using a convenient WYSIWYG HTML Editor with Active Directory Fields;
- omit adding blank lines to signatures when there are no Active Directory data for a given user. You can read more about this feature in our Knowledge Base.
- How much does it cost?
The cost depends on the number of mailboxes you will use CodeTwo Exchange Rules for. A breakdown of available license packages and their prices can be found on this page.
- Can I get a discount?
Yes, you can.
- If you are a healthcare, educational or non-profit organization.
- If you want to become a CodeTwo reseller, please take a look at our reseller program.
- Do I have to buy licenses for all my users?
No, you don’t. You only have to purchase licenses for mailboxes which will be using the program’s features. For more licensing details refer to the How many licenses do I need? section of this page.
- What are the system requirements?
CodeTwo Exchange Rules consists of 2 components: the Administration Panel - a client application with adjustable access rights, in which a user configures rules; and the Exchange Rules Service - a host module responsible for distributing and enforcing rules in an organization. For full information about the system requirements see this Userguide article.
- Will it add signatures to emails sent from mobile devices?
Yes, it will. In fact, CodeTwo Exchange Rules can stamp any email traveling through your Hub Transport or Mailbox servers. Regardless of the email client it was sent from. iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile and other smartphones are supported.
- Will the program remove blank spaces from a signature if there is no data in Active Directory for a selected attribute?
Yes, it will. The program can remove black space from a signature providing the Remove Text tags are used.
- Can I add signatures directly under email replies/forwards?
Yes, you can. Simply place the signature in the proper place in the template editor while configuring your rule. Learn more here.
- Can I add a different signature to my first email and a different signature to subsequent emails?
Yes, you can. This article explains how you can do it.
- Can I create different signatures for internal and external messages?
Yes, you can. CodeTwo Exchange Rules allows to create different email signatures and insert them to internal and/or external messages. To learn more about this functionality visit this User’s manual article.
- Can I use different signatures in emails sent to different external domains?
Yes, you can. CodeTwo Exchange Rules allows to set up different signatures for different emails, including emails sent to various external domains. For this purpose, you need to create separate rules with external domains specified in the rule’s conditions as well as create email signatures you want to insert once conditions are met.
- Can the program auto respond to emails outside working hours?
- What if an email is sent to recipients who should receive different signatures?
The Message Splitting feature takes care of this issue. With it enabled, CodeTwo Exchange Rules will send copies of a message stamped with different signatures to recipients included in different rules.
- What if I have multiple Mailbox servers?
The program’s architecture allows the administrator to manage any number of servers without jumping from desk to desk or touching Remote Desktop. Just install the Exchange Rules Service on each Mailbox server. Once you do this, one Administration Panel will be enough to manage an organization of any size. The Administration Panel will connect to one Exchange Rules Service, which in turn will take care of distributing settings between servers and enforcing rules.
NOTE: Instances of the Administration Panel can also be used by non-admin staff, provided they are granted custom rule management permissions.
As for licensing, the number of servers you have in your organization is irrelevant. Just purchase licenses for all mailboxes in your organization that will use the program's features, and let us know in the Comments section of the order form how many servers you have - we will send you the necessary number of license keys.
- Can I test the product before I decide whether I want to purchase it?
- Where can I find documentation for the product?
- Will signatures be visible when users compose new emails?
No. The signatures are appended on the Exchange Server after the message has been sent and left the sender’s email client.
- Can users choose what signature is attached to their email?
For example, if you configure a rule with a condition set to: Body > contains keyword > stamp_me, CodeTwo Exchange Rules will look for the phrase "stamp_me" in email bodies and, upon finding the phrase, insert whatever signature you have set up in this rule into emails. In this scenario, the signature will only be inserted if a user includes the "stamp_me" phrase in their email.
Phrases can also be used as basis for rule exceptions.
- Can senders see the signature?
Yes, the senders can see the signature in their Sent Items folders, after they send the email. The feature responsible for this is the Sent Items Update.
- Can the program save all attachments sent from external addresses to one location?
- We use different email clients in the network – is this a problem?
No. Any email traveling through your Mailbox or HubTransport servers can be stamped. In other words: all email clients that can hook up to your Exchange Server are supported.
- Where are the settings stored?
CodeTwo Exchange Rules settings are by default stored in the following location: C:\ProgramData\CodeTwo Exchange Rules
- Help! Some users are not getting their emails stamped with the signature.
Make sure that:
- The problem users are included in the necessary rules. This article has more.
- CodeTwo Exchange Rules is installed on all servers with the Mailbox role in the organization, as per this article.
- All your active rules have signature templates created in all 3 available formats – HTML, RTF and Plain Text. Otherwise, it is possible that e.g. mobile phone users will not get their emails stamped with a signature. See this Knowledge Base article for more.
- Is every Outlook version supported?
Yes. All desktop and mobile mail clients that connect to Exchange are supported.
- Is Outlook for Mac supported?
Yes, it is. All desktop and mobile mail clients that connect to Exchange are supported.
- Does the application work in hybrid environment?
Yes, but it requires the proper mail flow configuration.
CodeTwo Exchange Rules is compatible with the on-premises Exchange and Office 365 hybrid, as long as it has centralized mail flow enabled.
- Is Office 365 supported?
No, but if you are interested in a similar server-side signature management product, which handles email signatures in Office 365, consider CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365. If you are an existing Exchange Rules Family user, we can offer you an attractive discount for migration to our cloud email signature management software.
- Will it remove users’ existing Outlook signatures?
- Can our marketing people manage it without accessing other settings of the server?
Yes, they can. They can do it thanks to the fact that the Administration Panel can be installed independently of the server-level Exchange Rules Services. The administrator, using the Rules Access Rights Management feature, can also control users' rule access permissions (by assigning them different roles) as well as rules rights (assigning view, edit and delete permissions).
- How often are updates released for the product?
We release free updates and bug fixes every couple of months.
Major paid upgrades are released less often - only when a host of new features is added. The difference between updates and upgrades is explained in this article.
For information on how to update/upgrade CodeTwo products see this article.
- How can I check my Support contract validity?
You can check the validity of your Support contract by using this form. To verify that, you need to provide your license key of CodeTwo Exchange Rules. If you use multiple license keys for the same program, provide just one of the keys.
- What is the return policy?
You can return the product within 30 days of purchase and delivery - no questions asked. Learn more about the CodeTwo return policy and 30-day money-back guarantee.