Troubleshooting the source Exchange Server administrator's group membership
This article describes the Check group membership action of the source MAPI connection wizard. When this action is performed, the program checks if the administrator (provided in the previous step of the wizard) is a member of a required group.
Depending on your environment, the program checks if the administrator belongs to one of the following groups:
- For Exchange Server 2010 (and later versions), the program checks the Organization Management group membership.
- For SBS 2011, the program checks the Organization Management group membership.
- For Exchange Server 2007, the program checks the Exchange Organization Administrators group membership.
- For SBS 2008, the program checks the Exchange Organization Administrators group membership.
- For Exchange Server 2003, the program checks the Domain Admins group membership.
If the program fails to confirm your group's membership (Fig. 1.), study the examples below that show the most common group membership issues.
|Fig. 1. Checking the administrator's group membership failed.|
- Unknown error.
- [email address] is not a member of at least one of the following groups: Exchange Organization Administrators, Organization Management.
When this action returns the errors listed above, make sure the administrator whose account is used to establish a connection with the source server is a member of the appropriate group.
Problem not solved?
If you can't find the solution to your problem, try searching our Knowledge Base.
If you still need help, contact our Customer Service. We know our products inside out.