How to uninstall CodeTwo Exchange Migration
To uninstall CodeTwo Exchange Migration from your machine, follow these steps:
- Open Control Panel in Windows.
- Click (Programs >) Programs and Features.
- Find CodeTwo Exchange Migration on the list, right-click it and select Uninstall.
- Follow the uninstaller wizard instructions if any are displayed.
If for some reason it is not possible to uninstall the software this way, follow the steps from our Knowledge Base article on How to uninstall a CodeTwo product if it is not possible from the Control Panel.
In addition, our CodeTwo migration application is also registered in Microsoft Entra ID (Azure Active Directory) of each Office 365 tenant that is included in the migration process. This application is not deleted automatically after the migration, so you need to remove it manually. To do so:
- Sign in to your Microsoft Entra admin center.
- Navigate to Identity > Applications > App registrations in the menu on the left and click the All applications tab.
- Click the CodeTwo migration application (by default, if the application has been registered automatically, it is named CodeTwo Exchange Migration Source).
- On the Overview page that opens, click Delete.
- In the pane that opens, select the checkbox to confirm that you understand the implications of deleting the app and click Delete.
How to completely remove all installation files
Be aware, that despite following the procedure above, some CodeTwo Exchange Migration files will remain on your drive. Those are some settings, configuration, cache and log files located in the below-listed folders. Feel free to manually delete them if you are required to uninstall the software completely. However, we strongly recommend reconsidering such decision and to keep those files intact in their original locations, in the case you ever want to install CodeTwo Exchange Migration again. If you wish to back your settings up in a different location or move the installation to another machine, please consult our Knowledge Base article on Moving migration software settings to a different machine.
It will not be possible to restore your original settings without those files in the future. Also, if you delete the software's cache files, install CodeTwo Exchange Migration again and go for identical migration scenario as previously, you might experience problems with some mailbox items getting duplicated.
To proceed with complete removal, after uninstalling the program from Windows Control Panel, manually delete folders and files from the paths listed below:
%ProgramData%\CodeTwo\Exchange Migration 3.2
If you have other CodeTwo software installed on your machine, you may not want to delete all the folders and files from the %LocalAppData%\CodeTwo path, as there are also files from other CodeTwo programs. Instead, delete only those folders that begin with ExchangeMigration.Console_Url.