EWS source/target connectivity
Exchange Web Services (EWS) are used by the program to connect to:
- source Exchange Server - this method should be used for connections to Exchange 2010 with SP1 or later (for connections to Exchange versions earlier than 2010 SP1, MAPI protocol should be used);
- source Office 365 - this is the only connection method for Office 365;
- target Exchange Server - all target connections in the program are created via EWS.
You can create several EWS connections in the program. This section describes the most common EWS connectivity issues, with appropriate solutions. Use the links below to learn more.
- Target Exchange server's name vs. its IP address
- Troubleshooting connection to a source/target server
- Troubleshooting Exchange/Office 365 administrator's impersonation rights
- Troubleshooting access to user mailboxes
We recommend that you also read our Knowledge Base article about troubleshooting the migration software.