Reinstall or move to a different machine
Sometimes you may need to reinstall the program or even to move it to a different computer. See below how to do that.
Reinstallation of the software is rarely required. However, it may happen that it will be recommended by CodeTwo Support, for example when you accidentally remove some of the installation files or Windows Update or some third party software damages the Windows registry, shortcuts, configuration files, or your hard drive gets corrupted, etc.
To reinstall the software you can simply run the installer executable and install on top of the existing installation.
However, in troubleshooting scenarios it is recommended to reinstall the software following the short list of steps below. This is to make sure that all old installation files are removed before the new ones are copied.
- Uninstall the software from Windows Control Panel first.
- Download and run free MFCMAPI tool. Go to Profile, Show profiles and delete all listed profiles.
- If CodeTwo Exchange Sync was installed on a machine without MS Outlook, you need to also uninstall Messaging API and Collaboration Data Objects.
- Run the installer executable and install the software anew.
- Activate the software with your license key.
All CodeTwo software is designed in such a way that reinstalling does not remove any configuration files or databases. So following the steps above, all settings will be retained.
In the case you wish to reinstall the software completely, including deleting all settings files, you need to remove the software completely first and install from scratch later on. Be aware, such an operation may result in an unforeseen data or license loss and other problems such as items duplication. We strongly recommend to consult with CodeTwo Support before rushing into this decision.
CodeTwo Exchange Sync is not designed to be moved to another computer once installed and configured, so doing that may be complicated. See our Knowledge Base article on that topic.