This software has been discontinued. If your organization uses Office 365, check out
CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365.
How to update or upgrade and what is the difference
The program version is always visible at the very top of the main window of the program. It consists of 4 numbers separated by dots, e.g. 184.108.40.2067, following the pattern below:
which mean the following:
- [major] - the first figure is the major version number and it changes rarely, only when significant features are introduced to the software.
- [minor] - the second digit changes every time when we release a new version with planned improvements (see version history).
- [maintenance] - the digit in the third position will change only when there is a software release that was not originally planned. This usually happens when an important bugfix must be added and cannot wait for the next minor version change.
- [build] - the last number changes automatically every time programmers compile a new build during the development cycle, so it might be quite big (e.g. 337) and is usually meaningless for the end-user.
An upgrade is when you install a newer version of the software, replacing the previous version you have had installed so far, and the newer version installer has a higher first figure of the version number e.g. you currently have version 220.127.116.117 installed and you replace it with version 18.104.22.168.
Upgrades are typically not free but in most cases purchasing an upgrade is much cheaper than buying a new license key. Before upgrading, consult with CodeTwo Support to confirm your upgrade eligibility or purchase options.
How to upgrade
We have not yet released CodeTwo Email Signatures for Email Clients with major version number higher than 1, so there are no instructions ready yet on how to upgrade.
Be aware, you must upgrade both Administration Panel and Client Apps.
An update is when you install a newer version of the software, replacing the previous version you have had installed so far, and the newer version installer has a higher second, third or fourth figure of the version number e.g. you currently have version 22.214.171.124 installed and you replace it with version 126.96.36.1997 (or update 188.8.131.523 to 184.108.40.206, or update 220.127.116.112 to 18.104.22.1680).
All updates within the same major version are free for licensed users.
How to update
- Download the installer from the program's download page. Your old settings will be retained.
- If the software's Administration Panel is running, close it before you proceed.
- Launch the downloaded installer and install the program on top of your existing version.
- You need to update both the Administration Panel and the Client Apps (if you're using them).
- After the update process is complete, you can launch the program. All of your settings are retained.