This manual refers to an old version of CodeTwo Office 365 Migration. Go here if you use the latest version.
IMAP source connectivity
While configuring an IMAP connection, the application attempts to contact the desired server using IMAP protocol. To connect properly to an IMAP server, the program needs the following information:
- Host name, provided either as an IP address (e.g. 18.104.22.168) or public name (e.g. ftp.example.com)
- Port, under which the IMAP service is running on the server
- Encryption preference, which determines if the application would use secure layer (SSL) for the connection
It might happen that the connection cannot be established properly for some reason. Please study the list below regarding the most common connection issues:
- No such host is known
This problem is encountered if your machine is unable to contact chosen server. Please double check if the DNS you are using is able to resolve the provided hostname. Otherwise, you can use the IP address.
- A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time (...)
This error means that software was unable to reach the chosen server as no answer was sent. Please double check if the traffic is not limited by any security solution and if the port is set properly.
- The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure
This warning means that the software is unable to confirm the remote certificate. Please check the Date & time settings, as most probably the date is improperly set.