Quick Guide to Creating Rules
In CodeTwo Exchange Rules PRO
the administrator can define rules rules for messages traveling through Exchange. Each rule is a set of Actions
that will be performed on these messages. In order for a message to be processed by the application the message must comply with the Conditions
. In addition, if this message complies with the Exceptions
(i.e. criteria that exclude a message from processing) it will not be processed.
Watch the video below to see how to create a rule in CodeTwo Exchange Rules PRO
in just a few simple steps.
Each rule is created and configured in a few simple steps. Here is what needs to be done in a nutshell:
- Create a new rule - click Add in the List of rules pane. Next, provide the name for the rule in Add new rule dialog box e.g. Signature and confirm by clicking OK (Fig.1.).
|Fig.1. Creating a new rule.
- Configure the rule settings in the following tabs (Fig.2.):
|Fig.2. The rule settings tabs.
- Overview Tab - this tab is used to provide a comment describing the rule. Also, it will be updated with data from all remaining tabs while you configure them.
- Conditions Tab - choose the conditions that will trigger the rule if a message matches the defined criteria.
- Actions Tab - in this tab choose the appropriate action to be performed.
- Exceptions Tab - this tab is used to define the criteria for the rule that if met by a message should exclude it from processing by the given rule.
- Options Tab - this tab is used to define the settings related to how the program uses the rule.
- Save the rule by clicking Save in the main window of the program to approve all recent changes. Once the rule is saved it begins to operate.
|Fig.3. The Save button.
Below you will find a list of quick guides that describe step by step how to create different rules and make use of the features available in CodeTwo Exchange Rules PRO