Manage Signatures App
CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 lets you create signature rules by using the Manage Signatures App. Each rule you design contains a signature template and defines the conditions and/or exceptions required to add a signature to your emails. Read on to learn more about the application.
Manage Signatures App is a ClickOnce application. To install the app, download it from this website. After you install the app, you can launch it from the Windows Start menu.
CodeTwo Admin Panel allows you to specify which users in your organization can access the Manage Signatures App to configure email signature rules. To delegate such permissions, you need to go to the CodeTwo Admin Panel, open the management page of your tenant by clicking the Manage tenant () button next to the tenant's name (on the Dashboard or Tenants tab) and select Manage Signatures App users from the navigation menu on the left (Fig. 1.)
By default, the list of the Manage Signatures App users contains your organization's global administrators. Global admins cannot be removed to avoid situations when no one can access the Manage Signatures App.
If you plan to assign signature management tasks to non-admin users, make sure the App registrations options in Azure AD admin center or the Integrated Apps options in the Microsoft 365 admin center are temporarily set to the defaults, as described in this article.
You can add/remove individual users and groups.
- If a user or group is on the list, they can launch the Manage Signatures App, log in, and manage all email signature rules. See our Quick guide to learn how to configure rules.
- If a user/group is not on the list, they are not able to log in to the Manage Signatures App.
If you select a group that has other groups nested inside, the members of all these groups will have access to the Manage Signatures App.
This is the main window of the Manage Signatures App (Fig. 2.):
The SIGNATURE RULES section shows all configured rules, divided into server-side and client-side (learn more about signature modes). The action buttons available in this section are used to:
- add a new rule,
- save changes and submit them for processing on the CodeTwo Azure servers,
- change the execution order of signature rules,
- delete the selected rule,
- clone the selected rule,
- enable/disable the selected rule.
Tabs are used to access various functions of the program that allow you to edit signature templates and configure signature rules:
- Overview – allows you to name your signature rule and add a description. You can also enable/disable the rule from here.
- Senders, Recipients and Keywords – contain functions used to configure signature rules (only the Senders tab is available for client-side signature rules).
- Design – lets you create a signature template and choose how the signature should be applied in email conversations.
- Options – contains additional rule processing (server-side rules only) or signature adding (client-side rules only) settings (learn more). This is also where you can also define time ranges during which the rule should be active by using the Scheduler.
The More () button allows you to log out from the app, go to the CodeTwo Admin Panel to access settings related to your Office 365 tenant and subscription, and more.
Conditions and exceptions – find out how to configure conditions and exceptions for adding signatures to emails.