Manage admins and account options
The Account & admins page in CodeTwo Admin Panel (Fig. 1.) is where you view and change the information about the currently signed-in account, such as contact details and account type. This is also where the admin with the Owner role can manage other admins and change ownership to CodeTwo Admin Panel.
To change your contact details, click Edit in the Contact info section (see Fig. 2.).
Fill in the form that opens (Fig. 3.) and click SAVE.
Only CodeTwo Admin Panel Owner can view and manage organization's billing information. Users with other admin roles won't see the Billing info section in the form. See this section below to learn more about admin roles in CodeTwo Admin Panel.
Follow the steps below to change your account type from Email and password to Microsoft account. By doing so, you will be able to sign in to CodeTwo Admin Panel by using the Microsoft 365 sign-in page instead of providing your email address and password. You will be also able to assign other admins to manage your organization’s tenants and subscriptions in CodeTwo Admin Panel. Learn more about account types used in CodeTwo Admin Panel
Once you change your account type to Microsoft account, it cannot be changed back. When using a Microsoft account to sign-in to CodeTwo Admin Panel, your credentials are completely safe as they are passed directly and only to Microsoft servers, which is ensured by the OAuth 2.0 authorization protocol. CodeTwo does not store, copy or have access to your credentials.
- Sign in to CodeTwo Admin Panel.
- Go to the Account & admins page.
- Click Convert to Microsoft account, as shown in Fig. 4.
- On the Microsoft sign-in page that opens, you need to sign in with your Microsoft account to proceed.
After the change, make sure to use the Sign in with Microsoft option on the CodeTwo Email Signatures 365 sign-in page (Fig. 5.) the next time you want to access CodeTwo Admin Panel.
The following admin roles exist in CodeTwo Email Signatures 365:
- Owner in CodeTwo Admin Panel can manage organization’s tenants, subscriptions, admins and billing information. A user that first creates a CodeTwo Admin Panel account for an organization automatically becomes the Owner of that account. An organization can only have one Owner in CodeTwo Admin Panel, but the Owner can transfer ownership to another admin (as shown later in the article). An Owner can use either Microsoft account or Email and password to sign in to CodeTwo Admin Panel; however, using the Microsoft account is required to manage Admin Panel admins. Learn more about account types in CodeTwo Admin Panel
- Admin Panel admins can manage organization’s tenants and subscriptions in CodeTwo Admin Panel. Admin Panel admins need to use any Microsoft work or school account to sign in to CodeTwo Admin Panel. An organization can have multiple Admin Panel admins. The Owner can invite users both from inside and outside their organization to become Admin Panel admins. Learn how to invite admins
- Tenant admins can manage a single tenant (change its settings in CodeTwo Admin Panel or deregister it) but they can't edit its subscription, or view prices, billing info and payment methods. Tenant admins need to sign in to CodeTwo Admin Panel with a Microsoft account from the same tenant they are going to manage. An organization can have multiple Tenant admins. The Owner invites and manages Tenant admins.
- Signature rule admins can access the signature management app to create email signature & autoresponder rules for all users in their Microsoft 365 tenant. Signature rule admins are managed by the Owner, CodeTwo Admin Panel admins and Tenant admins. See our separate article on that
- Insights users can access CodeTwo Insights (insights.codetwo.com) to view statistics of CodeTwo One-click surveys set up for their organization. Only Microsoft 365 global admins can invite new Insights users. Learn how to invite users to access CodeTwo Insights
- In addition, all Microsoft 365 global admins can manage email signatures and automatic replies for their tenant. They can also manage their tenant’s settings in CodeTwo Admin Panel as Tenant admins and access CodeTwo Insights. Read on for details.
The table below lists all roles and permissions in CodeTwo Email Signatures 365.
The table doesn't include settings that are accessed and configured outside the CodeTwo service (such as setting up the domain's SPF record or deploying an Outlook add-in).
Certain features or actions listed below require providing your Microsoft 365 global admin credentials. Our service uses OAuth 2.0 protocol for user authorization, which means your credentials are passed directly and only to Microsoft servers. CodeTwo does not store, copy or have access to your credentials.
|Owner||Admin Panel admin||Tenant admin||Signature rule admin||Insights user|
|Access CodeTwo Admin Panel||1)|
|Design & manage email signatures||2)||2) 3)||2)|
|Design & manage auto replies and OOF messages||2)||2) 3)||2)|
|Configure/remove Exchange Online connectors||4)||4)||4)|
|Change signature mode||5)||5)||5)|
|Update Azure AD cache|
|Sync additional attributes||4)||4)||4)|
|Manage user attributes stored in Azure AD cache|
|Refresh OAuth 2.0 tokens||4)||4)||4)|
|Enable/disable Sent Items Update||4)||4)||4)|
|Reset license count|
|Manage subscriptions (buy, add licenses, cancel)||6)||6)|
|Add/remove own payment methods|
|Change own account options and contact info|
|View & manage organization's billing info|
|View Admin Panel admins and Tenant admins|
|Manage Admin Panel admins and Tenant admins|
|View & manage signature rule admins|
|Transfer Owner rights to an Admin Panel admin|
|Access CodeTwo Insights|
|View & manage Insights users|
1) To learn how Microsoft 365 global admins can gain access to CodeTwo Admin Panel and manage tenant-related settings, see this section.
2) The signature management app can be accessed by tenant's Microsoft 365 global admins and signature rule admins. By default, the Owner, Admin Panel admin2) and Tenant admin roles are not granted permissions to access the app. However, they can assign the signature rule admin role to themselves to be able to manage email signatures & automatic replies for tenant with which their Microsoft account is associated. Learn how to add signature rule admins
3) By default, Admin Panel admins invited from outside your organization cannot manage signatures & automatic replies in your Microsoft 365 tenant. If you want to delegate this task to them, follow the steps from this article.
5) Requires Microsoft 365 global admin credentials when is it also necessary to configure Exchange Online connectors, e.g. when changing the signature mode from Outlook (client-side) to cloud (server-side) or combo.
CodeTwo Admin Panel Owner can grant admin access to their organization's CodeTwo Admin Panel to other users.
Keep the following points in mind when sending an invitation:
- Invited users cannot be an admin in the CodeTwo Admin Panel account of another organization or the Owner of another CodeTwo Admin Panel account in which there are any tenants registered or admins joined.
- Admin Panel admins and Tenant admins need to use a Microsoft account to sign in to CodeTwo Admin Panel. If they already have an Email and password account type in the Admin Panel, they need to convert it to Microsoft account, as described in this section.
- The Owner, Admin Panel admins and Tenant admins are not integrated with permissions to manage email signatures and automatic replies. See this article to learn how to add signature rule admins and grant them access to the signature management app.
To invite a user, sign in to CodeTwo Admin Panel, go to the Account & admins page and click Invite admin in the Admins section (Fig. 6.).
In the window that opens, select an admin role you want assign and perform the requested action:
- Admin Panel admin – enter the email address of a user who will get the invitation (Fig. 7.). You can invite users from inside and outside your organization (Microsoft 365 tenant).
- Tenant admin – select a Microsoft 365 tenant to be managed by this admin and then click Select user to choose a user from this tenant who will get the invitation (Fig. 8.).
Microsoft 365 global admins can become Tenant admins without being invited (as long as their tenant is registered with CodeTwo). Learn more
Next, confirm the acknowledgement, just to be sure you know that this user will now have access to specific actions and settings in your organization's CodeTwo Admin Panel account, and click SEND INVITATION.
The specified user will receive an invitation email. Further steps on how the user should proceed are provided both in the email and in CodeTwo Admin Panel, once the user signs in or creates a new account. The invitation is valid for 72 hours.
If any subsequent user from your organization attempts to create a new CodeTwo Admin Panel account, they will be given an option to join the existing Admin Panel account. If they choose to do so, a request will be sent to the Owner of the existing account. The Owner can then invite this user the same way as shown in Fig. 6.
First, make sure that the user who you want to be the new Owner is assigned the Admin Panel admin role in your organization's CodeTwo Admin Panel account, as described here (note that users from outside your organization can also become Admin Panel admins).
Then, in CodeTwo Admin Panel, go to the Account & admins page. In the Admins section, click the button next to an Admin Panel admin and select Set as owner (Fig. 9.).
In the pop-up window that opens, you need to confirm the acknowledgement, just to be sure you know that this user will now be able to manage your organization's admins, billing info, tenants and subscriptions, and click YES, CHANGE OWNER (Fig. 10.).
Once you change the ownership, you will not be able to undo that change. Only the new Owner can now manage CodeTwo Admin Panel admins. However, you will remain an Admin Panel admin in your organization's Admin Panel account.
To remove users from your organization's admins in CodeTwo Admin Panel, go to the Account & admins page. There, in the Admins section, click the next to the admin you want to remove and click Remove (Fig. 11.). Confirm by clicking YES.
You cannot remove an admin if there are any payment methods defined by this admin that are used in active subscriptions. You first need to change the payment method for such subscriptions (learn how to do so).
If your Microsoft 365 tenant is registered with CodeTwo, but you do not have your own CodeTwo Admin Panel account yet (e.g. because your organization purchased the software from one of our distributors/resellers), you can automatically become a Tenant admin and manage tenant-related settings as long as you are a global admin of your tenant. To do that, first you need to sign up to CodeTwo Admin Panel by using your tenant's Microsoft 365 global admin credentials (select the Sign up with a Microsoft account option).
Alternatively, or if you already have a CodeTwo Admin Panel account, you can access the Admin Panel directly from the signature management app. Click Settings (Admin Panel), as shown in Fig. 12., and then sign in to your Microsoft account using Microsoft 365 global admin credentials.
Rest assured - your credentials are completely safe as they are passed directly and only to Microsoft servers thanks to Azure's OAuth 2.0 authorization protocol. CodeTwo does not store, copy or have access to your credentials.
Once you sign in, you will be able to join the organization under which your tenant is registered in CodeTwo Admin Panel (Fig. 13.). Click Join and then confirm by clicking YES to join the organization as Tenant admin.
This gives you access to tenant management options: you can reconfigure connectors, specify which users are allowed to manage email signatures, enable/disable Autoresponder and Sent Items Update, synchronize additional attributes, deregister your tenant from CodeTwo Admin Panel, and more. The only exception are the subscription-related settings: you are not able to modify your subscription in any way or view any billing details. Subscription and billing info can be managed only by the person who owns the CodeTwo Admin Panel account (e.g. your reseller). The account under which your tenant is registered in CodeTwo Admin Panel is shown next to Registered under, as shown in Fig. 14. (select your tenant on the Tenants page to open the Subscription settings).
Users who are not Microsoft 365 global admins cannot access CodeTwo Admin Panel in the way as described above. They need to be invited by Admin Panel Owner, as described in this section.
The same applies to Microsoft 365 global admins who already have a separate CodeTwo Admin Panel account.
There are three types of email notifications sent from CodeTwo Email Signatures 365:
- Billing information (invoices) are sent to the Contact email address of the Admin Panel Owner, specified on the Contact info page (learn more).
- Notifications regarding an Admin Panel account (e.g. email address confirmation or password change) are sent to the email address used to sign in to CodeTwo Admin Panel. This means the Owner and all admins will get notifications regarding changes made to their Admin Panel accounts.
- Notifications regarding tenants or about CodeTwo service health are sent to the Contact email address and the sign-in email address of the Admin Panel Owner and all admins. They are also sent to the email address of a Microsoft 365 global admin if their credentials were used to register a tenant to the CodeTwo service.