Why is CodeTwo Public Folders so great?
Take a look at the list of features that make this product stand out:
- Synchronization over the Internet or local network
- Sharing of Outlook data and Windows files and folders
- No storage limits - other than the limit of your HDD
- Extremely easy configuration - no IT experience needed
- Dedicated mobile apps for Android and iPhone/iPad
- Encryption of the shared data
- No intermediary servers (no Cloud), so no one is able to access and/or read the shared information (even us).
- No web account registration – so no web login and web password that can be hacked
- No text mining robots reading your email and documents
- Shared data is kept only on your PCs – you know where it is all the time
- Offline mode – to let you access your stuff literally anywhere, anytime
- Easy to backup and restore (you get a built in tool for that)
What’s new in version 5.0?
Internet or LAN access
Now you can finally share your Outlook or folders on your computers with friends from all around the world. The program is able to synchronize your data in a local network and over the Internet.
Shared data encryption
All data shared over the Internet is encrypted to let you share sensitive information. Learn more...
The program is now equipped with a file sharing feature. Now, apart from sharing Outlook, you can share anything you want on your desktop or laptop. Learn more...
We’ve added central management of logins and passwords. To enhance the security, the administrator can create a login and password for users. Also the access to the Administration Panel is secured with predefined credentials.
Active Directory login
If you deploy the program in a domain environment, your users will be able to login to CodeTwo Public Folders with their Active Directory credentials.
New user’s interface
We wanted you to simply focus on working on your data and on sharing it seamlessly so we’ve made sure there is no stuff that bogs you down. We’ve tweaked the GUI to make it sleeker and clutter-free. We’ve also thrown in a bunch of new tabs and buttons to let you quickly get what you need. The program has a new Administration Panel, a host of new icons inside Outlook and a brand new File Sharing App. See screenshots or videos.
New setup file
We have slightly revamped the setup file to make the installations process even simpler.
Multi-language update support
It is now possible to update the program across different language versions.
New licensing options
We’ve introduced a new licensing system that comprises two types of licenses: synchronization limited to the local network and Internet synchronization. The Internet license is time limited to 12 months, whereas the local network license is for life-time.