How to continue using CodeTwo software when you migrate to a new tenant
You’ve migrated your organization to a new Microsoft 365 tenant. As a CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 user, you would like to know how to manage this change when it comes to the CodeTwo software and how it will affect your use of the software, including configuration, subscription, access permissions, templates, etc.
After you add a tenant in the CodeTwo Admin Panel, all the changes you subsequently make to the tenant, including configuring connectors, adding new admins, buying a subscription, or creating new signature rules and templates, are tied to that particular Microsoft 365 tenant.
When you move to a new tenant and want to simply continue using CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365, you will be required to recreate your configuration with some assistance from our Customer Success Team. The entire process involves the following steps:
- Once you’ve completed migration to a new tenant, register it in your existing CodeTwo Admin Panel account.
If you cannot access the account, you will need to create a new one.
- Next, complete the initial configuration, including creating connectors, signing in to the signature management app, deploying add-ins, etc., except for the subscription and payment-related settings (see step 5 below). If you wish to continue using our solution just like before, you should basically follow the scope of configuration you made for the old tenant.
- Sign in to the signature management app with the new tenant’s credentials and recreate signature rules from the old tenant by defining the same conditions, exceptions and options, except for the settings available on the Design tab (see step 4 below).
- Move signature templates from your old tenant to the new one by exporting and importing them into appropriate signature rules (created in step 3 above). To this end, use options available on the signature template editor’s ribbon in the Template group. Learn more
If you have a lot of templates defined for the old tenant or you cannot access your old tenant any longer, contact our Customer Success Team who will help you transfer your signature templates. Bear in mind that such an operation will require an additional authorization involving:
- account Owner authorization via email,
- providing Tenant Association IDs for source (old) tenant and target (new) tenant.
- Finally, contact our Customer Success Team to have your subscription and payment settings transferred from the old tenant to the new one. This operation will require similar authorization.
Once these steps are completed, you will be able to continue using CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 just like before.
|Related products:||CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 1.x|
|Last modified:||December 1, 2022|
|Created:||September 17, 2021|