Problems with updating signatures via Network Share
This article is meant for users of CodeTwo Email Signatures for Email Clients. This software has been discontinued. If your organization uses Office 365, check out CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365.
The signatures are not updated and after saving changes in your signature template, you can encounter a similar error as shown below:
Failed to deploy policies to the network share: \\C2\EmailSignatures <file://\\C2\EmailSignatures> Please ensure the network share exists and you have appropriate rights to access it.
Please distribute your settings via Settings Service installed on your machine. To do this, please follow these steps:
- Run your CodeTwo Email SignaturesAdministration panel.
- Hit the Deployment button.
- Change your distribution settings to Settings Service option as shown in Fig. 1.:
- Click OK and then save the changes in the main window of the Administration panel.
- Hit the Deployment button to generate Client Applications anew.
- Disrtibute the Client Applications onto workstations.
The Network Share deployment is designed for smaller networks (e.g. a network which contains 2-10 workstations). While Client Applications are updating settings from Network Share folder, this folder is temporarily blocked from editting on the Administration Panel. So if within this time you are trying to adjust any settings using the Administration Panel, you will not be able to save changes. To overcome this issue, we strongly recommend distributing\updating settings via Settings Service.