How to resolve a signature template saving error
The problem described in this article applies to the Manage Signatures App which will soon be deprecated. Use the new web interface instead to manage email signatures – all your rules & settings are available in the new UI.
When trying to save your signature template in the Manage Signatures App by clicking Apply & Close in the Signature template editor, you get the following error:
Type ‘EmailSignatures.Console.Models.CompositionLayoutsContainerEx’ with data contract name ‘CompositionalLayoutsContainerExhttp://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/EmailSignatures.Console.Models’ is not expected.
To save the signature template you are currently working on and to be able to use it in your emails, follow the steps below:
- Save the signature template as a file, as shown in this article.
- Close the Signature template editor without saving changes by using the Close button. Select No when prompted to apply signature template before closing (Fig. 1.).
- Close the Manage Signatures App without submitting changes to signature rules by using the Close button. Once again, select No when prompted to save changes (Fig. 2.).
- Reopen the Manage Signatures App.
- Select the signature rule you want to edit (or create a new signature rule). The signature rule you open or create in this step must be of the same type (i.e. client-side or server-side) as the template you saved in step 1.
- Go to the Design tab and open the Signature template editor.
- Once the editor opens, click Load from file (Fig. 3.) and open the signature you have saved in step 1.
- Click Apply & Close to exit the Signature template editor.
- Click () to in the Manage Signatures App to save your changes to the signature rule.