The Server Monitor is not working
The Server Monitor is not working correctly. For example, servers are not displayed.
Use the links to read about the most common problems and recommended solutions.
- Servers are not listed due to security settings
- CodeTwo Exchange Rules services are not registered in ADSI Edit
If your Exchange servers are not listed or they are loading indefinitely (Fig. 1.), this may be caused by insufficient permissions given to the CodeTwo software or by your firewall settings. You need to make sure that you have your permissions correctly configured and that your firewall software does not block the ports (such as 5020) used by your CodeTwo software.
This issue is more likely to occur if you open the Server Monitor on a machine where only the Administration Panel is installed, and the Exchange Rules services are installed on another server.
If you experience the following:
- email rules are not synchronized between the instances of CodeTwo Exchange Rules software in your environment
- and the Server Monitor does not show any active servers
The entire mail flow is interrupted if rules are not synchronized between your Exchange servers. Depending on which server processes a message, the actions may be executed only for some of the users or not at all. As a result, your signatures might be added randomly.
If CodeTwo software did not register the services during the installation process, follow these steps to rule out one of the possible causes of the problem:
- Access Active Directory Users and Computers and enable the Advanced Features option from the View menu (Fig. 2.).
- Locate the machine where you installed CodeTwo Exchange Rules and select the machine's properties (Fig. 3.).
- In the window that opens, navigate to the Security tab and make sure that the SELF user has the Create all child objects permission marked (Fig. 4.).
This should fix all the problems. Sometimes you might need to restart the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service on each server or restart your Exchange servers completely, if they are still not displayed by the Server Monitor.