How to save stripped off attachments from emails to the network location
You cannot dump stripped e-mail attachments onto a network drive. In the log files you find entries similar to this:
Error: Access to the path '\\ENV111-W81-1\Deployment\Administrator@domain111.lab' is denied. Failed to save attachment to disk: \\ENV111-W81-1\Deployment\Administrator@domain111.lab\1.txt module: CommonLanguageRuntimeLibrary
There are some additional settings to be added in the network drive folder permissions. Please follow these steps to ensure that the attachments are saved correctly:
- First of all please make sure you use network paths e.g. \\mypath\target-folder\ and not paths on mapped drives e.g. M:\mypath\target-folder as mapped drives may not work.
- Do the same procedure as described in step 2. but for the SYSTEM account, the User account which is used for configuring CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro (in my case it was the Administrator) and the Computer account for the server which has our software installed.
- To add the computer account for the server, please access the Object Types Window and check the Computers checkbox, click this link to see a screenshot of the setup.
- After the above step has been completed you can start typing the server's name similar to point 5. from the previous step.
- Add the SYSTEM account and the User account in a similar way as the NETWORK SERVICE account.
- The result of the security tab of the folder properties should look like this: