How to save a signature as a template
You want to use a signature you designed as a template for other signatures.
If you want to use a custom signature as a template, you can:
- Add your signature to the software's Template Library or create a new signature template directly in the Template Library. Click the links below to learn more.
- Or use the Clone () button (Fig. 1.) to copy the whole rule that includes this signature, and then reconfigure the copied rule according to your needs.
If you do not have your own signature template yet, we recommend creating it directly in the Template Library. To do so, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Template Library by clicking the More () button located in the upper-right corner of the Manage Signatures App window (Fig. 2.).
You can also use the Load template button on the Design tab (you can see it in Fig. 2.) to access the Template Library, but remember that the template that you choose will replace the current signature in the signature rule that you're editing.
- In the Template Library, click the Add (+) button and choose New template (Fig. 3.).
- Type a name for your template and click OK. This will open the Editor's window.
- Create your signature and save it. Then close the Editor's window.
- Your new signature template is now created and displayed on the template's list (Fig. 4.). Close the Template Library to save your template to our cloud services.
From now on, the template is available from any machine on which you install the Manage Signatures App and log in as an account that belongs to the same tenant. Every time you want to create a signature based on your template, you need to load this template via the Load template button on the Design tab of the Manage Signatures App (Fig. 5.).
You can also use your signature template as a master signature to prepare multiple signature rules that use similar signatures. If you would like to create more signature templates based on your template, you can clone this signature template via the Clone button on the toolbar of the Template Library (see Fig. 4.).
If you already have a signature within a rule, and want to use it as a template, you can add it to the Template Library in the following way:
- Launch the Manage Signatures App and log in.
- Find your signature and edit it on the Design tab via the Edit signature button.
- The signature editor opens. Click the </> Source button to open the HTML source code view (Fig. 6.).
- Select the entire HTML code by pressing Ctrl+A on the keyboard and copy it to the clipboard by pressing Ctrl+C.
- Close the HTML source code view and then close the Editor.
- Repeat steps 1-3 from section Creating a new signature template in the Template Library.
- In the Editor window (with an empty signature template), open the HTML source code view by clicking the </> Source button (see Fig. 6.). Press Ctrl+V on the keyboard to paste the content of your signature.
- Click Save and close the HTML source code view. Close the Editor and the Template Library to go back to the Design tab.
If your signature contains references to local content (such as images stored on your local drive), these references may not be correctly linked to the template. Make sure that all the references are working properly before going live with the template. If necessary, add the elements (e.g. images) again.