Increase the number of attempts for opening message store
At the system startup, CodeTwo Exchange Sync Service fails to open the Message Store with default number of attempts. As a result, the synchronization service does not work and needs to be manually started.
By default, CodeTwo Exchange Sync service attempts to open the Message Store for 30 times. This is done automatically at system startup. Each attempt is delayed by one second from previous and if none is successful, the service is automatically stopped, so your data is no longer synchronized.
Certain environments, especially running various demanding software, require more time before the message store can be opened. Therefore, to avoid this issue, you may increase the number of attempts. To do so, please follow steps below:
- Log in as the user under which CodeTwo Exchange Sync Service is running.
- Hit Windows + R and type in regedit. Confirm using Enter key.
- Navigate to the following registry key:
- Right click CodeTwo key and create a new key: CodeTwo Exchange Sync Service.
- On the right pane, right click on the empty space and from the context menu choose New and then DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name it OpenMsgStoreDelayedAttempts.
- Change the Base to Decimal and enter the number of desired attempts (the default setting assumes 30 attempts).
- Click OK.
- Restart CodeTwo Exchange Sync service.
To open Services management window, simply run services.msc command.