Office 365 sign-in errors during tenant registration
You would like to add a new Office 365 tenant to CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365. During the registration, when the program asks you to sign in to your Office 365 account, you get various errors and cannot proceed.
There might be several causes of this problem, depending on your environment. Use the links below to learn more.
- You're trying to add a tenant from global Office 365 to CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 Germany, or vice versa
- You recently moved your tenant to another CodeTwo Admin Panel account
You're trying to add a tenant from global Office 365 to CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 Germany, or vice versa
It's not possible to add a tenant that does not match your version of the software.
If you try to add a global Office 365 tenant when using CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 Germany, the Microsoft sign-in screen will inform you that your account cannot be found (Fig. 1.) by displaying these (or similar) errors:
We couldn't find an account with that email address. Enter a different email address or get a new Microsoft account.
[your email address] isn't in our system Make sure you typed your address or phone number correctly, or get a new Microsoft account.
We don't recognize this domain name Make sure you typed your organization's domain name correctly. It usually looks like @example.com or @example.onmicrosoft.com.
To solve this problem:
- sign in to a tenant hosted in Office 365 Germany
- or switch to the CodeTwo Admin Panel for the global version of CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 to add your Office 365 tenants.
If you try to add a tenant hosted in Office 365 Germany to the global version of CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365, you will be able to sign in via the Microsoft sign-in window, but when you get back to CodeTwo Admin Panel (Fig. 2.), you will see the following error:
Tenant not supported It seems that the tenant you are trying to add is hosted in Office 365 Germany. Tenants hosted in Office 365 Germany can be managed only in CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 Germany.
and it will not be possible to finish the tenant's registration.
To fix this issue:
- sign in to a tenant hosted in global Office 365
- or use the Admin Panel of CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 Germany to add your German tenant.
Occasionally, you might experience sign-in problems right after you change the CodeTwo Admin Panel account that is used to manage your tenant (see this article to learn how to do it).
In such cases, we advise you to wait for about an hour and try to register the tenant again.
If you are still unable to register the tenant, please provide our Customer Service team with the correlation ID and the description of this error so that they can consult this issue with the Development Team.
- Applies to: CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 1.x
- Categories: Troubleshooting
- Last modified: 2018-03-05
- Created: 2016-03-23
- ID: 536
- Keywords: logon failure, logging, office 365, error