How to save stripped off attachments from emails to the network location
Strip off attachments to network location using CodeTwo Exchange Rules PRO
If you want the CodeTwo Exchange Rules PRO to save stripped off attachments to the network location the below listed steps must be followed to ensure that the network location is accessible for such action.
- First of all please make sure you use network paths e.g. \\mypath\target-folder\ and not paths on mapped drives e.g. M:\mypath\target-folder as mapped drives may not work.
- In the security tab of the desired folder properties add a user NETWORK SERVICE and enable Full control permissions. Click here and here to see screenshots.
- Right click on the desired folder.
- Go to Security tab.
- Click Edit.
- Click Add.
- Start typing "Network".
- Click Check Names to resolve users names.
- Choose NETWORK SERVICE.
- Click OK to confirm
- Select NETWORK SERVICE on the list of users of the folder in the Security tab.
- Tick the box by "Full Control".
- Apply changes.
- Click OK to confirm and close the window.
- You also need to add the Exchange Server computer account to the share permissions and enable Full control. See the screenshot here.
- Right click on the shared folder's name and choose Sharing tab.
- Click Advanced Sharing.
- Tick box by "Share this folder".
- Click Permissions.
- Click Add.
- Click Object Types.
- Tick box by "Computers".
- Put the name of the computer where Exchange Server is installed and continue to add Full Control option the same way as you did when adding Full Control for NETWORK SERVICE (subpoints 7-12 in point 2).