Email Signatures connection through VPN
This article is meant for users of CodeTwo Email Signatures for Email Clients. This software has been discontinued. If your organization uses Office 365, check out CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365.
Client Application in CodeTwo Email Signatures for Email Clients cannot connect to the Administration Panel using a VPN connection.
CodeTwo Email Signatures for Email Clients is designed to connect only through Local Area Network (LAN), VPN connections were not taken under consideration when developing current versions of the software. However, there is still a way to connect Client Application to the server through Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection.
Please be advised that this way of connection is not officially supported, so the below described solution should be considered a workaround.
- Create a new signature policy. The signature must be created on the machine where CodeTwo Email Signatures for Email Clients is installed, new signature must be assigned to users of your choice using the Email addresses filter (see picture below),
- Save the policy,
- Go to the folder where the Client application installation file is stored,
C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeTwo\Email Signatures\ClientSetup
- Copy the folder to the client machine, folder must be copied to the machine where you want to use created policy.
- Login to the client machine, user account that you use must be a local account (not connected to any domain).
- Create a VPN connection to your server,
- Run EmailSignatures.Client.Boot application, start mentioned application and install it.
- Use the same address that you used in step 1, in the window that will pop up,
- Click OK, after clicking the button application should connect to server and download the signature correctly.