How to disable timeout and throttling alerts in CodeTwo Backup
You would like to stop receiving alerts related to communication problems (such as timeouts and throttling) in the Administration Panel of CodeTwo Backup.
To prevent CodeTwo Backup from generating the alerts, you need to modify the value of the DontGenerateBackupAlertOnCommunicationProblems parameter in the program’s configuration file. To do so, proceed as follows:
- Log in as an administrator to the machine with CodeTwo Backup.
- If the program is running, stop all jobs, close the Administration Panel and stop the CodeTwo Backup Service in the Windows Services Manager.
To stop the service, go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services (or run services.msc). Right-click the CodeTwo Backup Service and select Stop from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the program’s installation folder. By default, it is:
C:\Program Files\CodeTwo\CodeTwo Backup
- Now, locate the CodeTwoBackup.Configuration.dll.config file and open it with a text editor (e.g. WordPad).
- Use the search feature (Ctrl+F) in your text editor to find the following parameter:
- Change the value of the parameter from False to True, as shown in Fig. 1.
Fig. 1. Change the value to True to disable alerts concerning communication problems in CodeTwo Backup.
- Finally, save and close the configuration file.
- Restart the CodeTwo Backup Service in the Windows Services Manager.
From now on, CodeTwo Backup will stop generating alerts for the exceptions that are triggered due to timeouts and throttling.
|Related products:||CodeTwo Backup for Exchange, CodeTwo Backup for Office 365|
|Last modified:||January 3, 2022|
|Created:||December 29, 2021|