Diagnosing CodeTwo Email Signatures for Email Clients
This article is meant for users of CodeTwo Email Signatures for Email Clients. This software has been discontinued. If your organization uses Office 365, check out CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365.
How to collect useful diagnostic data for CodeTwo technicians.
If CodeTwo assistance is required with your CodeTwo Emails Signatures problems or advanced configuration, such help will be delivered faster and better if you provide following files and information about your setup.
- First of all, if you see error messages or anything unusual on the screen, please take a screenshot of it. Please make sure the error message is complete and readable - try expanding the error window so we can see the whole message on the screenshot or copy-paste the error message text.
- Unless you cannot access the program, please go to the administration panel of the program and turn on detailed logging.
- Perform policies execution test:
- Try to compose a new message and a reply. If the recipient uses MS Outlook please export the message to .msg file. In the case of OWA and OWA 365 please take a screenshot of the OWA window with the message open so we can see how the signature looks like.
- Export your policies you are using in your CodeTwo Email Signatures.
- Export detailed log files from the server side application as well as from a client application, if the problem is related to it or to MS Outlook.
- Let us know how do you deploy your policies.
- Tell us about your environment i.e.
- what is your MS Windows version on the server as well as on workstations,
- do you have a domain controller on site,
- do you have MS Exchange Server on premises (what version),
- do you use Exchange Online, if so:
- what plans of Office 365 do you have,
- is your domain already associated with Exchange Online,
- what MS Outlookversion do you use,
- do you have antivirus or firewall software enabled, make sure they do not block CodeTwo software and allow traffic on port 5030.
- In performance or stability cases, please also:
- export your Event Viewer (System and Applications) log files (.evt or .evtx format please).
- Go to the below paths and see if you can find files and folders matching the description (may not necessarily exist but if they do and you provide them they will be helpful):
C:\Users\<user who installed the product>\AppData\Local\Temp\WER*.xml e.g. WERD09F.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\<user who installed the product>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_emailsignatures._* e.g. AppCrash_emailsignatures._f7321319b76dc886452f8ecf492cb86dc494e63_166de873
- Compress all requested files into a single .zip file.
- Use our file upload form to send all the files and a description of your environment to CodeTwo.