How to check if CodeTwo Exchange Rules Engine service is published in ADSI Edit
You need to check if the CodeTwo Exchange Rules Service is registered in ADSI Edit. This might be useful when troubleshooting some very specific issues in CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro and CodeTwo Exchange Rules family software.
To find out if the CodeTwo Exchange Rules Engine is published, follow these steps:
- Open Server Manager and from the Tools menu, choose ADSI Edit (Fig. 1.).
- In ADSI Edit window, click the Action menu and select Connect to (Fig. 2.). This will open the Connection Settings window.
Fig. 2. Connecting to the server.
- Leave the default settings in the Connection Settings window and click OK (Fig. 3.).
- In the left pane of the ADSI Edit window, navigate to CN=Computers (Fig. 4.) or to the place where your Exchange servers with the transport role are listed.
Fig. 4. Navigating to the CN=Computers tree.
- Check each server with the transport role for the presence of the Exchange Rules Engine (Fig. 5.).
Fig. 5. Looking for the Exchange Rules Engine.
- If found, right click the CN = Exchange Rules Engine and select Properties (Fig. 6.).
Fig. 5. Selecting CN=Exchange Rules Engine .
- In the window that opened, find the serviceBindingInformation attribute and check its value. The value should follow this pattern: http://<server FQDN>:5020
Fig. 6. Checking the value of the serviceBindingInformation attribute.
Do not proceed with Step 8 unless instructed to do so by our Customer Support.
- If for some reason you need to delete CodeTwo entries from the ADSI Edit, access each transport role server as shown in steps 1, 2 and 3. Select the CodeTwo entries (Fig. 8.) and delete them.
Since CodeTwo Engine Service uses the server's FQDN address to connect to the server, the DNS (Domain Name System) needs to be able to resolve the FQDN address into an IP address. To verify if that is possible, use the Command Prompt (cmd console) to ping your server using its FQDN address (Fig. 9.).
If the CodeTwo services are not published in ADSI Edit, consult this article.