Centralized deployment of the signature preview add-in via the Exchange admin center
This article concerns CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 Add-in, which has been deprecated.
Consider switching to our latest & supported solution, CodeTwo Signatures Web Add-in for Outlook and OWA. This modern Web Add-in allows users to preview their server-side signatures, and it can also add client-side signatures directly to emails in Outlook for Windows, Outlook for Mac and OWA. Learn more
You would like to perform centralized deployment of the CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 Add-in by using the Exchange admin center.
If you don't want to or cannot deploy the add-in via Microsoft 365 admin center, as described in this article, you can use the Exchange admin center to deploy it to all/selected users in your Office 365 organization.
The deployment needs to be performed by an account that has the Exchange administrator role assigned. Learn more about admin roles in Office 365
To deploy the add-in via EAC, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Exchange admin center (EAC). In the left menu, go to Organization > Add-ins, as shown in Fig. 1.
Fig. 1. Accessing add-in settings in EAC.
- Click the plus (+) button and select Add from URL (Fig. 2.).
Fig. 2. Selecting the location of the add-in.
In the pop-up window that appears, enter the following address:
- Click Install. When the installation is completed, CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 Add-in will be shown on the Add-ins list (Fig. 3.). Note that by default, the new add-in is disabled.
Fig. 3. Initial configuration of the CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 Add-in.
- To enable the add-in, you need to double-click it or use the edit (pencil icon) button, choose the option that best matches your preferences (Fig. 4.), and save the configuration. It might take a while (even 24 hours) for the add-in to be deployed to all users in your Office 365 tenant.
Fig. 4. The Add-in availability options.
If you choose the Optional, disabled by default option, each Office 365 user will have to turn on the add-in manually.
- Learn how to manage add-ins in Outlook (see the Manage your add-ins section)
- Learn how to manage add-ins in Outlook on the web
Once the add-in is deployed to Office 365 users, they will be able to display the add-in pane with a signature preview while composing emails in Microsoft Outlook or OWA (Fig. 5.). See this article (Outlook) or this article (OWA) to learn how to preview email signatures.
Fig. 5. The signature preview pane in Outlook on the web (OWA).
|Related products:||CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 1.x|
|Last modified:||March 10, 2023|
|Created:||September 26, 2018|