Non-Unicode characters are displayed improperly
Non-Unicode characters (e.g. Arabic) are displayed improperly as quotation marks in CodeTwo products.
This problem occurs on systems that are not configured to display non-Unicode characters properly. Mostly, operating systems are set to display non-Unicode characters using English (United states). However, this may be easily changed in Control Panel of your problematic machine. Please follow all steps below:
To apply the changes you will need to perform a full reboot of your machine. Therefore, please consider changing the configuration after working hours.
- Open Control Panel
- Find Region or Region And Language applet.
- Switch to the Administrative tab.
- On the Language for non-Unicode programs click button Change system locale....
- From the list select desired set of characters e.g. Arabic and confirm by clicking OK.
- In the window that will appear, click the Restart now to perform a full reboot of your server.
As the configuration is system-wide, all non-Unicode characters should display as valid Arabic characters, for all users using the machine.