CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro
- Centrally managed email signatures, disclaimers, marketing banners and email flow control
- Support for all email clients (including Outlook and mobiles)
- Used by thousands of companies around the world
- Windows Server certified
- MSExchange.org Gold Award »
Frequently Asked Questions - CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro
Take a look at the list of Frequently Asked Questions for CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro:
Select and click on a sales-related question:
- Why do I need this product?
If you are an Exchange administrator, you know that the email flow and content control options offered by MS Exchange Server Hub Transport Rules leave a lot to be desired. Using CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro you can finally overcome the limitations imposed by the native Exchange tools. Here are a few examples of things you can accomplish, if you use our program:
- Add signatures directly under the latest reply in email conversations
- Show signatures appended on the server in the “sent items” folder of the sender’s email client
- Use custom Active Directory fields
- Set data loss protection and email filtering policies (absent from Exchange 2010 and 2007)
- Give non-IT staff restricted remote access to rules and signatures
- Schedule autoresponders
- Manage attachment in all emails traveling through your servers
- Use a variety of tools (including API) for multi-tenant environments
A detailed comparison between CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro and MS Exchange Hub Transport Rules is available on this page.
- How much does it cost?
The CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro pricing is based on the number of mailboxes the program is used for. More details, including available license packages and their cost, can be found on this page.
- Can I test the product before buying it?
Yes. You can download the CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro fully functional 30-day trial via this page.
Unless you activate the program, after 30 days it will stop applying rules to messages. All your settings will nevertheless be kept, so you will not have to recreate them when you activate the program.
If the standard 30 days are not enough for you, contact us, and we will extend your trial period.
- How many licenses do I have to buy?
You only have to purchase licenses for the mailboxes which will use the program's features. CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro offers several condition and exception options, which let you easily limit the scope of mailboxes that have actions applied to their emails.
To find out more about licensing details go to this page.
- Do you offer discounts?
Yes, we offer discounts to:
- Healthcare, educational and non-profit organizations
- Resellers who are active in our Partner program
- Customers who purchase technical support contracts together with product licenses or who extend their contracts before expiration
Additionally, all our products come with volume discounts - the more licenses you order, the less you pay per user!
- Can I return the product after purchasing it?
Yes, you can. If you return the product within 30 days of purchase and delivery, you don't have to fulfill any conditions - we just give you your money back. Find out more about our return policy and 30-day money-back guarantee on this page.
Select and click on a functionality-related question:
- Can it add disclaimers directly under the latest emails in conversations?
Yes, it can. This is possible thanks to a unique signature positioning algorithm. Learn more here ...
- Can the program add different signatures for new messages and replies?
Yes, it can. The program allows to set up different signatures for new emails and different for replies and forwards. Learn more…
- Can I create different signatures for internal and external messages?
Yes, you can. CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro allows to create and insert different signatures to emails depending on the message direction. Find out more…
- Can it add different signatures to emails sent to different external domains?
Yes, it can. CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro allows to set up different rules that will insert different signatures to emails sent to specific domains that match external domains specified in the rules’ conditions.
- Can users choose which signatures will be added to their emails?
For example, if you configure the following rule where a condition is: Body > contains keyword > insert_sig, CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro will look for the phrase "insert_sig" in email body and, upon finding the phrase, add whatever signature you have set up. With these settings, the signature will only be applied if a user puts the "insert_sig" phrase in their email. Phrases can be used in rule’s exceptions as well.
- Can a signature be visible while composing an email?
No, it can’t. This is not possible to see a signature while composing an email as signatures are added directly on the server, after hitting the Send button. However, you can enable the Sent Items Update feature to update messages in users’ Sent Items folders. Learn more about the Sent Items Update…
- Does it apply rules to emails sent from mobile devices and email clients other than Outlook? What about Mac?
Yes, it does. CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro can apply signatures to any messages (internal, outgoing or incoming) traveling through your mail processing servers, regardless of the email client or mobile device it was sent from. iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone and other smartphones are all supported. The same goes for OWA and standalone email clients such as Outlook, Apple Mail (Mac), Entourage and Thunderbird.
- Can the program remove blank spaces from the signature if some users do not have e.g. a mobile number in Active Directory field?
Yes, it can. Thanks to the Remove Text tags, CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro can remove entire lines from a signature if there is no data to pull from Active Directory for a selected attribute. Learn more on how to properly use Remove Text tags...
- Can non-IT staff, e.g. Marketing department, use it without accessing any other server settings?
Yes, they can. The architecture of CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro allows the server administrator to delegate selected rule configuration duties to other employees (e.g. email signature management to the Marketing team), without risking security or privacy breaches. Learn more here ...
- Can the program save attachments sent from external email addresses to one location?
Yes, it can. This is possible thanks to the strip/dump attachments feature. You can decide e.g. whether to save or remove attachments, where to save them, or what structure should have the folder with attachments. Learn more about this functionality...
- Does it overwrite signatures created by end-users?
At this moment, no. But we are currently looking for a way to implement this capability. In the meantime, to achieve this you can use Microsoft's built-in tools:
- Can the program send auto replies to emails outside working hours?
Yes, it can. CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro allows creating rules that will automatically send replies to emails outside working hours.
- Are the program's actions, e.g. centrally added signatures. visible when a user composes a new email?
No, they aren't. The reason is that CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro processes messages (e.g. adds signatures, archives attachments, applies DLP policies) on the server-level, after the user sends their email.
The effects of the program's actions can, however, be displayed in users' Sent Items folders, after a message has been processed. Learn more here ...
- Can I create a professional server-level sales or marketing auto response?
Yes, you can. CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro features the fully customizable server-level autoresponder action, which lets you automatically reply to selected incoming messages with a pre-designed email template.
- Does the application work with Office 365/Microsoft 365 environments?
CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro is compatible with hybrid environments (Exchange on-premises + Office 365 (Microsoft 365)) that have centralized mail transport enabled. For more on deployment and integration with hybrid Exchange read this article.
However, if you have only Office 365 environment with no Exchange server deployed and still need an email signature manager to create organization-wide email signatures, consider our CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365.
If you have CodeTwo Exchange Rules licenses and plan to migrate to Office 365, we can offer you an attractive discount on CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365.
- Can the application be used in G Suite organizations?
No, it cannot. CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro is designed for environments based on the Exchange Server.
- Is there an SDK for the API?
Select and click on a technical-related question:
- What are the system requirements?
CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro consists of 2 components: the Administration Panel - a client application with adjustable access rights, in which a user configures rules; and the Exchange Rules Service - a host module responsible for distributing and enforcing rules in an organization. Both components have slightly different system requirements (32 and 64-bit platforms are supported):
- Windows Server 2019 / 2016 / 2012 R2 / 2012 / 2008 R2 / 2008 / 2003 R2
- SBS 2011 / 2008
- Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista
Exchange Rules Service
- Windows Server 2019 (including the Server Core version) / 2016 / 2012 R2 / 2012 / 2008 R2 / 2008 / 2003 R2
- SBS 2011 / 2008
- Exchange 2019 / 2016 / 2013 with Mailbox role (if you are running Exchange 2013 SP1, consult this KB article before installing the program)
- Exchange 2010 / 2007 with Hub Transport role
For more information see this User's manual article.
- How do I install CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro?
First install the Exchange Rules Service on each mail processing server (Exchange Mailbox role or Hub Transport role) in your organization. Then install at least one Administration Panel on any machine inside your domain. The Administration Panel will connect to the Exchange Rules Service, which in turn will take care of distributing settings between servers and enforcing rules.
If you are running Exchange 2013 SP1, please consult this KB article before installing the program.
Instances of the Administration Panel can also be used by non-admin staff, provided that the designated users are granted necessary rule management permissions.
NOTE: The number of servers you have in your organization does not impact the program's licensing. Just purchase licenses for all mailboxes in your organization. Find out more about CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro licensing details here.
- How frequently do you release updates?
Free updates containing minor improvements and bug fixes are released every couple of months.
Paid upgrades containing major changes and brand new features are released less often. To find out what is the difference between updates and upgrades read this article.
You can find the entire CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro release history, including changes introduced in each new version, on this page.
To find out how to update/upgrade your CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro installation see this article.
- Where do I find software documentation?
The CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro technical documentation is available online on these pages:
- How do I upgrade from version 1.x to version 2.x?
First of all, you have to purchase an upgrade of your version 1.x license package. To do this, go to the CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro order form, select the Upgrade to CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro 2.x option and proceed to place an order for the number of licenses matching the number you currently own.
IMPORTANT: The architecture of CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro 2.0 is different from that of version 1.x. Read this article to make sure that you know what you have to install.
Once you have obtained the license upgrade package, you can start upgrading the software. To do this, follow these guidelines.
- How can I check my Support contract validity?
To check your support contract validity for CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro, use this online form.