CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro
- Centrally managed email signatures, disclaimers, marketing banners and email flow control
- Support for all email clients (including Outlook and mobiles)
- Used by thousands of companies around the world
- Windows Server certified
- MSExchange.org Gold Award »
30-day free trial with support;
no credit card required
Email address rewriting for Exchange Server
It is not unusual for a company to have a general email address provided for all external users to contact it, e.g. [email protected] This applies to departments, too. Addresses such as [email protected], [email protected], etc. are used to allow clients to reach certain departments in the organization without the need to have a ton of personal email addresses. However, if someone from the Marketing team replies to an email that was sent to [email protected], this general address is replaced in the reply with a personal address. As a result, all subsequent replies to go to a completely different mailbox.
CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro gives you an out-of-the-box solution to that issue – the Rewrite sender's address action. It allows changing the email address of the sender to any other email address, depending on the rule configuration. You can rewrite a single or multiple email addresses, or even the addresses from all incoming or outgoing emails, to e.g. a general address. This way, you can keep your correspondence organized and consistent without the risk of losing any emails, as all replies will be sent to the general email address as well.
The Rewrite sender's address action works as follows: an email is sent from a personal address, e.g. [email protected] After being processed by CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro, the sender’s address is changed to a general address, e.g. [email protected] When the recipient responds to this email, the reply goes to the [email protected] email address.
- Change the sender's address to any other email address according to server rules
- Keep email conversations organized and within designated departments
- Specify a list of addresses to be rewritten or set up general triggering rules
- Change addresses of both outgoing and incoming emails.
Download free trial
no credit card required; free support while you test
Download free trial
no credit card required;
free support while you test