TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF CODETWO TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
- Terms and Conditions or TCTA: the present Terms and Conditions of CodeTwo Technical Assistance.
- Manufacturer: CodeTwo sp. z o.o. sp. k. seated in Jelenia Góra, ul. Wolności 16, 58-500 Jelenia Góra, Poland, entered in the register of entrepreneurs under number KRS 0000438398, whose registration records are kept by the District Court for Wrocław - Fabryczna in Wrocław, tax identification number NIP: 6112622141, E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Product: exclusively the Commercial Software in the meaning of the CodeTwo Services Provision Regulations, for which the Manufacturer offers a Technical Assistance Service.
- Unless otherwise provided in these Terms and Conditions, terms written with a capital letter shall be interpreted in accordance with their definitions given in the CodeTwo Services Provision Regulations.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Terms and Conditions govern the principles of and procedure for provision of Technical Assistance Services for the Products by the Manufacturer, in accordance with the respective contracts concluded by the Manufacturer. Technical Assistance is always provided with reference to one Product version selected by the User.
- Technical Assistance is provided solely for a Product for which there is an active Licence Key, during the license term.
- Technical Assistance offered by the Manufacturer constitutes limited support pertaining to the maintenance and use of the Products. Under the Technical Assistance, the Manufacturer in principle provides responses to questions posed by Users concerning the functionalities of Products, and helps to resolve problems reported by Users that occur during the use of the Products.
- The contract concerning Technical Assistance Services is a due diligence contract concerning actions to be undertaken within the framework specified by the Terms and Conditions, and it is not a contract ensuring the attainment of any specific result. In particular, the Manufacturer does not guarantee that Technical Assistance shall satisfy the requirements or expectations of Users. At the same time, in connection with the limited guarantee for Commercial Software, the Manufacturer does not guarantee that in consequence of the provision of Technical Assistance by the Manufacturer the Product shall operate uninterruptedly, shall be free of operational errors and irregularities, or that Technical Assistance for the Product shall lead to the elimination of all such errors and irregularities.
- In principle, the Manufacturer provides two forms of Technical Assistance: E-mail Support and Live Support, implemented in accordance with the Terms and Conditions. Technical Support in the form of 'E-mail Support' shall consist in the User communicating with the Manufacturer by means of electronic mail, using the e-mail address indicated by the Manufacturer. Technical Assistance in the form of 'Live Support' shall consist in the User communicating with the Manufacturer in real time, by means of a telephone, internet communicator, or an on-line presentation made available by the Manufacturer.
- The hours of availability of Technical Assistance in the form of 'Live Support' shall be published systematically on the Manufacturer’s Websites. In principle, 'Live Support' assistance shall be available round-the-clock on normal business days.
- The Manufacturer does not ensure his own means of communication for the purposes of contacts with Users. Contacts between the Manufacturer and Users, both telephone-based and using electronic means of communication, take place using services commonly made available by external network operators. In connection therewith the Manufacturer does not ensure that access to offered means of communication shall be uninterrupted, and shall not be held responsible for any interruptions in telephone or electronic communications brought about by reasons independent of the Manufacturer, or ones that could not be avoided without the incurrence of additional costs. In particular, this shall apply to interruptions and disruptions in the proper functioning of external telecommunication connections and equipment. At the same time, the Manufacturer informs that charges for telephone connections with the contact numbers made available by the Manufacturer shall be calculated by telecommunication operators in accordance with the currently valid tariffs as for standard telephone connections, with landline or mobile numbers, respectively.
IMPLEMENTATION OF TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
- The tools for and methods of implementation of Technical Assistance shall be chosen solely by the Manufacturer, depending on the assessment of the reported issue. The User cannot demand the implementation of Technical Assistance according to a method or form selected thereby.
- Under Technical Assistance, each contact on the part of the User that requires a reaction from the Manufacturer, in connection with a reported query or problem concerning a specific topic, is registered and opens a so-called Ticket, under which the history of implementation of Technical Assistance is noted for the reported query or problem. Successive queries or reports of the User concerning a different topic or problem result in the opening of a new Ticket.
- The Manufacturer shall make every effort (but does not provide a guarantee) to ensure that contact with the User (first reaction to a reported query or problem) is established at the latest on the next business day following that on which the Ticket was opened. This does not mean, however, that the Ticket will be closed in this time.
- A registered (opened) Ticket shall be closed, irrespective of the number of contacts with the User necessary for this purpose, only after the User is provided with a response to his query, the reported problem is solved, or once it is determined that the reported problem cannot be solved and the appropriate clarifying information is provided to the User. A closed Ticket may be reopened if it becomes necessary for the Manufacturer to undertake further actions concerning the query or problem constituting the subject of the Ticket.
- The Manufacturer does not anticipate any limitations concerning the number of Tickets allocated to any given User.
- Any amendment to the Terms and Conditions shall carry the date of its entry into force. Entry into force of an amendment to the Terms and Conditions can occur only after its publication on the Manufacturer’s Websites. Amendments to the Terms and Conditions shall apply solely to contracts for the provision of Technical Assistance Services, for which orders have been placed following the date of their entry into force. Amendments to the Terms and Conditions shall be ineffective with reference to orders placed before their entry into force.
Date of entry into force of the current wording of the Terms and Conditions: 2015-05-19
CodeTwo sp. z o.o. sp. k.
- Customer Support – Home
- Online Support Center
- Knowledge Base
- Terms and Conditions of Support
- Buy Technical Support
If you have any questions regarding the software we develop or you are looking for IT solutions for your business, do not hesitate to contact us.
Learn more about CodeTwo, its story and details of its business.
Take a look at our product line up and see how to maximize your company's productivity.
Take a look at our Client List which contains selected examples from nearly 47,000 companies using our software.