Troubleshooting the Migration software
When troubleshooting the CodeTwo Exchange Migration and CodeTwo Office 365 Migration software please make sure first that the program was installed and configured properly and the environment is prepared for the migration:
- You meet the system requirements displayed on the download website (CodeTwo Exchange Migration / CodeTwo Office 365 Migration).
- You are attempting only a supported migration scenario (CodeTwo Exchange Migration / CodeTwo Office 365 Migration).
- The program is installed in the source server environment, preferably directly on the source Exchange Server. You must not install the program in the target server environment.
- You have installed and run the program using the domain admin account, preferably the same as you are going to use in the program's Source Server configuration window.
- You have configured the Source Server window before attempting a migration.
- The target server admin account has been successfully granted impersonation rights.
- CodeTwo Exchange Migration only: while being logged in to the source server machine you are able to reach the target server EWS using the address you provided in this window and you are able to log in to EWS, if prompted, using the UPN and password you provided in this window.
- The target server mailboxes already exist and are activated (if not, please do so and activate all mailboxes at once by sending an email to all mailboxes).
- The target server public folders are enabled. In the case of Exchange Server 2013 or Exchange Online (Office 365) you need to manually create a mailbox for public folders, see this article on how to create public folders.
Please browse our Knowledge Base to find articles covering the particular problem you have stumbled upon: