How to end a task in Windows Task Manager
How to release access to the file blocked by some program when clicking the exit button is not effective
To immediately quit the blocking file application you can use the Windows Task Manager. You can open it by:
- pressing CTRL + ALT + DELETE
- typing taskmgr.exe in Start, Run text box
- clicking the RMB (right mouse button) on you task bar and choosing Task Manager (or Start Task Manager) label
Finally you should see the window as in the Fig.1.
All you have to do is to choose the blocking program from the process list by clicking it and then click End Task or End Process button. From this moment the access files that were blocked will be released.
- Applies to: Other
- Categories: How-To
- Last modified: 2014-08-05
- Created: 2009-01-16
- ID: 74
- Keywords: task manager, process, end process, tray