How to disable adding signatures created in OWA for Exchange users
How to disable adding signatures created in OWA for Exchange users.
This article applies to older versions of Exchange Server i.e. 2007 and 2010. For Exchange Server 2013, 2016 and Exchange Online (Office 365) see this article.
After installing a program from CodeTwo Exchange Rules family you may need to disable stamping messages with personal signatures, created in OWA. If you are not able to control all users to manually remove their OWA's signatures, it may happen that some users will have two different signatures: one from OWA and another added by CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2007 or CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2010.
To avoid this problem, you can use the Segmentation tool:
- Open Exchange Management Console, choose Server Configuration, then Client Access.
- Highlight the proper server, and then right click on OWA (Default Web Site) in a bottom field, choose Properties (Fig. 1).
- Go to Segmentation tab.
- Highlight Email Signature on the list and click Disable button (Fig. 2). Then click OK.
- You need to restart Internet Information Services (IIS) service to enable the changes.
- Applies to: CodeTwo Email Signatures for Email Clients CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2007 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2010 1.x, 2.x, 3.x CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro 1.x, 2.x
- Categories: How-To
- Last modified: 2016-09-16
- Created: 2008-12-02
- ID: 65
- Keywords: block OWA signature, disable footers created by users, signatures added twice