How to create in Outlook a rule moving mail to a specified folder
How to create in Outlook a rule moving mail to a specified folder?
A rule moving mail from a default folder to a specified folder e.g. a public one is configured in the way shown below. For the purpose of this instruction let assume our folder structure in Outlook resembles that in (Fig. 1.).
- Go to the default Inbox folder and in the Outlook menu select Tools, Rules and Alerts.
- Click the New rule button. 3. Select the Start from a blank rule option, then select the Check messages when they arrive option and click Next.
- Check the Through the specified account option and click the specified link in the bottom field.
A dialog box including a list of all defined accounts will display. Select the account for this rule (Fig. 2.).
Choose the Move it to the specified folder option and in the bottom window click the specified link. In the folder browser indicate the public folder to which the incoming messages will be moved. In this example it's the Common outbox folder (Fig. 3.). Click OK.
- Click the Next button to go to the dialog window of exceptions. Here you may define the exceptions to which the rule will not be applied.
- Click the Next button. The Summary dialog box will display in which you can also enter the name of the rule.
- In order to save the entered rule, click the Finish button and then click OK.
- Applies to: CodeTwo Public Folders 4.0, 4.5
- Categories: How-To
- Last modified: 2015-01-20
- Created: 2009-02-06
- ID: 79
- Keywords: rule, alert, Outlook, create, creating, moving mail, redirecting mail, mail, mails, emails, email, messages, common inbox, inbox, shared, shared inbox, sent items, folder, copying