CodeTwo products are activated via the licensing program. After entering the license key user only needs to click the Activate button to enable the fully featured program.
This process creates a special code that is required by the licensing server to identify the machine. It consists of two parts – first is based on the hardware signature of the hard disk drive, the second – on the network card's MAC address.
If the license key gets deactivated with no apparent reason then it might be caused by one of the factors below:
- The network card offers dynamic MAC address function - turn that option off / set the static MAC address.
- CodeTwo program is installed in a virtual environment. Usually the MAC address of the network card in virtual systems is dynamic, changing at each reboot of the virtual machine - set it to static.
- The hard disk drive was replaced - contact CodeTwo support to clear the license key activation status.
- The network card was replaced - contact CodeTwo support to clear the license key activation status.
- The network card is damaged and provides faulty MAC address - replace the card.
- The program was installed and activated on a different / second machine by mistake - contact CodeTwo support to clear the license key activation status.
When none of the above helps to fix the problem - contact CodeTwo Support Team.