Deactivation of the CodeTwo License
Deactivation of the CodeTwo License.
CodeTwo products are activated via the licensing program. After entering the license key user only needs to click the Activate button to enable the fully featured program.
This process creates a special code that is required by the licensing server to identify the machine. It consists of two parts – first is based on the hardware signature of the hard disk drive, the second – on the network card's MAC address.
If the license key gets deactivated with no apparent reason then it might be caused by one of the factors below:
- The network card offers dynamic MAC address function - turn that option off / set the static MAC address.
- CodeTwo program is installed in a virtual environment. Usually the MAC address of the network card in virtual systems is dynamic, changing at each reboot of the virtual machine - set it to static.
- The hard disk drive was replaced - contact CodeTwo support to clear the license key activation status.
- The network card was replaced - contact CodeTwo support to clear the license key activation status.
- The network card is damaged and provides faulty MAC address - replace the card.
- The program was installed and activated on a different / second machine by mistake - contact CodeTwo support to clear the license key activation status.
When none of the above helps to fix the problem - contact CodeTwo Support Team.
- Applies to: Licensing
- Categories: FAQ
- TFS: 13435
- Last modified: 2015-03-27
- Created: 2012-06-21
- ID: 243
- Keywords: CodeTwo Licensing, license deactivation, lost, activating, demo, multiple, again, code, deactivated